This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween fun at work.

It's halloween so I had to do something of course.

So there were three things. One is this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/c427/?srp=2

which last I knew was in the cash office, though there's a loud computer fan in there so I don't know how well it was heard.

Next was a couple of those dollar store toys that scream when the light is turned on. I left one in the fridge, and two in lockup (where we keep the electronics and stuff).

The fridge one led to this facebook exchange:

CW: Thanks for the fridge.
    ME: ?
    CW: I opened it to put pizza in... And it screamed.
    ME: What on earth was on your pizza?

And apparently at night when the store is pretty much closed my manager has to go back in lockup so a manager from another store can pickup a transfer item and it surprised both of them and the other manager proceeded to laugh his ass off apparently and my manager's response was "well that's gremcint for you"

and my last absolute favorite: see my store has a famous red and white button that says "that was easy" and we actually sell those buttons well I have a couple that I've modded and now when you press the one button it screams and the other makes spooky noises thanks to a couple of halloween decorations.

I brought them in and was showing them to customers, at one point after a sale I said to a customer "and everybody who buy a warranty gets to press the scream button" which gave him a laugh.

When I showed them to my supervisor he was like: this is gonna be a long day isn't it?
    me: I'm only here until 12:30.

So there's my halloween shenanigans.

what did you do at your work?
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Not for Halloween, but last year while cleaning up the store that was about to close, we found our Friday the 13th decorations. Lots and lots of plastic spiders, scorpions and rats.

Every inter-store transfer from then until the store closed got a little "surprise"

Comment

I was not working on Halloween, but The Client-- by nature of what they do-- frowns on masks. Decorations and simple costumes were okay last year, but I can't speak for this year.

I dressed up as WWE's Erick Rowan and hung out with friends-- Tom, Sam, Nami, Danny Downer and his girlfriend Sara. (I should note that Danny is not actually a downer, but as Tom does Internet videos (when he has time & inclination) and Danny wanted his 'character' in the videos to be 'Down Syndrome Danny,' which we very quickly put the kibosh on. I redubbed him 'Danny Downer,' which he thought was hilarious.)

I was apparently creepy enough in my Rowan outfit that the counter girl at the ABC store said "You look really scary."

We hung out at Tom's, eating Silver Bullet Burritos or Mickey D's, drinking, and then watching some of the videos we'd filmed the previous week.

Then we got Danny to play Five Nights at Freddy's, which he knew absolutely nothing about. Tom was most annoyed that Danny lasted longer than he did on Night 2. (And Danny actually managed to trigger Foxy to attack, but got Bonnie'd literally a second before Foxy would've gotten him.)
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
      X