This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a shoe?

Here's a game I invented when working at my thrift store (though it could be played anywhere.) When you find an item placed anywhere other than where it belongs, the game begins. You win when you can prove the item is not a "shoe" or whatever. Bonus points if you can prove that it can be.
    Some examples: a coffee cup with the cd's (if you break it, that makes noise, and you can record that and listen to it! therefore, a coffee cup is a CD!) I suppose you could also use a butterfly net as a pair of pants.
    Can help kill the time at work and make you think!
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome. Not sure how well it would work at my store, but the good (bad?) thing about food is that some people will substitute anything for everything.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Sweet potato being pumpkin is easy; about the only thing you can't do with a sweet potato that you can with a pumpkin is make halloween decor - easily. (I'm sure some of our artists are up to the challenge.)

Hm. I picked sweet potato at random; but you know .. it's turning out to be really versitile.

Sweet potato as pasta? Sure; just make gnocchi, only with sweet potato.

Sweet potato as a grain? Well, it's a starch, that's a good start. Try making a couscous-like gnocchi...

Sweet potato as meat? I'm sure a vegetarian-meat-alternative 'hamburger patty' could be made with it.

Sweet potato as soda! Well ... usually they use artificial flavours, but juice some and add it to carbonated water...

Who can come up with a foodstuff that you CANNOT do with sweet potato?
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
        Who can come up with a foodstuff that you CANNOT do with sweet potato?
        Cheese.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

There's one guy on Man vs. Food who uses it as a pizza sauce base because, and I quote, "I couldn't get my kids to eat their damn vegetables."
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

But our SCs wouldn't just leave sweet potato in another foodstuff would they?-it would be in hats or driving supplies or miniature alcohol bottles.
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

can potatoes be fermented into some kind of alcohol?

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                can potatoes be fermented into some kind of alcohol?
                Look up vodkas in Wikipedia; some are made with potatoes.
                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

then I would've won by proving that potatoes could be booze

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Sweet potato as meat? I'm sure a vegetarian-meat-alternative 'hamburger patty' could be made with it.
                    Shred it and combine with other shredded veg like regular potatoes, summer squash, etc. Bread it with cracker meal, pan fry, BOOM.
                    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X