X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good news

Hi all

We've had a bit of training going on in the R&D section of CS.com. It involved obstacle courses, frito dances, and decoder rings.

Erickei kindly agreed to join us on the moderating side of things. Welcome aboard!

Rapscallion

Welcome aboard Eric.
    You will do well, I have no doubt.

(And sorry about that thing with the goat and live chicken in the initiation ceremony. It usually goes off much better. )
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Look, it's not MY fault, ok? The guy that sold me the chicken promised it was trained in tap dancing...

Also, welcome Eric!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"Journal log: day 794

It's been over two years now, quietly observing the lively tribe known as "mods", and their intricate ceremonies and day to day living never cease to amaze. Last night's ritual was truly a sight to behold, yet I still have no answer to multiple questions that arise when an initiation ceremony takes place. The music and dancing chicken were, as per usual, the common staples, but rather than the lively take on Fred Astaire's "Singing in the Rain", the goat and chicken somehow managed a feat more akin to David Bowie and Mick Jagger's "Dancing in the Streets."

Is this an evolution of the initation rites? Will we see the re-emergence of balloon pants for the next ceremony? Only time will tell. Though one has to wonder how, exactly, the stains are removed, because I highly doubt Mama's magic of Clorox can cut through THAT particular reminder of the carousing"

Curiouser, and curiouser...."

(Also, congrats, EricKei!!! )

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I'll get you another goat, I promise. Scarred the poor thing for life.

For those who were not present (and you're much better off that way, believe me!), the Frito Dance went exceedingly well! The resultant therapy bills should be minimal, and easily absorbed.

As for balloon pants...We do NOT speak of balloon pants. Some horrors are better off buried. Preferably some place where they won't do humanity any harm...Nunavut, for example.

Thanks! ^_^

muwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! My reign of terror begins today!

raps > What was that??

eric > Nothing! Nothing!

raps > something about a reign...

eric > It was in Strikethru! It doesn't count! You saw nothing!........Uhm... Fritos con pollo?
          Last edited by EricKei; 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM. Reason: completely un-noticeable ninja edit
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Congrats, Eric!

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              "Journal log: day 794

<SNIP> I highly doubt Mama's magic of Clorox can cut through THAT particular reminder of the carousing"

Curiouser, and curiouser...."
              I totally heard that in a cross between Captain Picard and David Attenborough...
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                Look, it's not MY fault, ok? The guy that sold me the chicken promised it was trained in tap dancing...
                Didn't you learn the last time when we got the pig who could supposedly play the piano?

Never buy anything off some dude you see on late night cable.

And speaking of carousing, I don't know if Protege has recovered yet.

BTW, Welcome to Eric! You'll fit in fine with the rest of us nuts.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Booya. I thought something had changed when I saw your last response to one of my posts and I knew I hadn't been out of the loop that much. Congrats.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                    I totally heard that in a cross between Captain Picard and David Attenborough...
                    You're welcome!

(OMG those voices...)

Comment

Thanks, all! ^_^
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I saw the topic title and thought of Professor Farnsworth. "Good news, everyone!"
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I gotta say, just coming to this site makes any sour mood I may have been in, vanish in an instant. You all are silly! Congrats, Eric!

Comment

Thanks!

Cat -- But of course. The best things in life are silly.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              I saw the topic title and thought of Professor Farnsworth. "Good news, everyone!"
                              Haha! I thought the same thing! That and all this talk about Frito dances is making me want Frito boat! Mmmm...Frito boat......to the store!!

BTW...congrats Erickei!! And good luck! Muahahaha!
                              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
                              X