Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow... the whiners are starting early this year..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow... the whiners are starting early this year..

so apparently we totally completely ruined some woman's weekend. she had... and i quote..."the worst vacation ever"... and a "vacation from hell". presumably she's in her cabin crying about it right now, because she had to stop talking to me about it, or she would "start bawling". i guess we even ruined her whole summer, because she went camping early because she's going in for a kidney transplant, and now she's had this horrible terrible verybad experience here at Big Yellow campgrounds.

what was our most egregious of errors that caused her such mental anguish, you ask? why... we had the gall to not open the pool, waterslide, or tubing a week earlier than every single website and piece of literature about our park says we do. apparently "some girl" told her "oh yeah, it'll all be open... so... the office is staffed by me (5 year vet of this park), my office lead (4 year vet of this park), the OWNER'S DAUGHTER, and 3 new girls.. who were all told FIRST THING... pool/waterslide don't open till Memorial Day. i dunno who the heck she thinks she talked to, but it wasn't one of us. but apparently she drove 200 miles (without a reservation) to come swim in our pool.

she's already informed me that she'll be complaining (again) to the manager tomorrow when she checks out

i'm not entirely sure she's quite sane, tho... she pulled aside one of the outside guys (correction... ALL of the guys... while they were in the middle of a new-hire orientation tour and meeting) to complain that the squirrels were throwing pinecones at her new car...
    Last edited by katzklaw; 05-22-2016, 04:07 AM. Reason: correction offered by my hubby, one of the maintenence leads.

The sad thing about insane people, they frequently have the PATIENCE to carry a grievance through all 40 floors of the complaint department, whereas a sane man gives up when he sees the length of the queue outside the building.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I'm not surprised the squirrels threw stuff at her. They know nuts when they see it.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

well, on the bright side... the owner already knows about her, and his opinion on the matter is "tough." and she paid cash, so she can't do a chargeback... and her email isn't on file, so she can't leave a bad review XD

Comment

What is it with this type of mentality? I recently had a customer that wrote in complaining how the seller (my company) lied about the product description and how it didn't work for the way he intended to use it. Thing is, we don't make such statements anywhere. Regardless, we offered to take back the product and even offered to reimburse the freight cost. I asked if he could describe where he read such a comment, because our description is quite clear about how the product should be used. The customer referred me to *not our website*. Ok then, when Joe Public makes a comment on *not our website*, naturally it makes perfect sense to blame my company, especially when you clicked BUY right beside the complete product description, which you clearly didn't read.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I didn't think a transplant was something you could schedule. I thought it was okay, we have an organ we need to do this NOW. Heck with the squirrels, I'd throw pinecones at her.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              I didn't think a transplant was something you could schedule. I thought it was okay, we have an organ we need to do this NOW. Heck with the squirrels, I'd throw pinecones at her.
              A person can make a living donation of one of their kidneys, so scheduling is possible.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

It's my understanding that people with kidney problems take a lot of medications. Mess those up and they can screw with your head really badly. Some doctor my elderly grandma was seeing screwed up her medications (and gave her two things that should not be taken together) and she ended up in the psych ward. Maybe a combination of two of her meds is addling her brains? I hope (for her sake and yours) they get it sorted.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  What is it with this type of mentality? I recently had a customer that wrote in complaining how the seller (my company) lied about the product description and how it didn't work for the way he intended to use it.
                  We had someone call to tell us how she had bought this product from *online store other than ours* and had a problem with it, and the manufacturer had treated her badly. So she wanted us to know how terrible the manufacturer was, and that we shouldn't be carrying any product made by them.

Also, at the roofing company we had the people who had real mental problems. One lady came out of the house (that she had hired us to roof) and screamed really horrible things at the guys. The guys have pretty thick skin, so the fact that she had actually scared them was surprising. The next day she was completely calm and apologized.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

When I worked in the physical therapy department of a military hospital, had a guy come in claiming that he was going to have his legs amputated for arthritis. No. As I recall he was walking pretty nimbly, so it wasn't one of the septic types of arthritis I've transcribed reports about, but if he had one of those he'd have had an IV pole in tow. Henceforth, I find the story about a kidney transplant a little hard to believe, unless she's a donor. But still, if I was going to go on a vacation to a place specifically to use the pool, I'd find out if it's open first. One reason why I question the kidney transplant story: If she was receiving a kidney she'd be under strict instructions to avoid infectious conditions, e.g. public pools, public water slide, et cetera. My sister had lymphoma and was expecting to have to undergo a bone marrow transplant, and she wasn't even allowed to have a sharp needle to do embroidery. She was also told to stay out of her own garden. Since one of my memorable transcribed dictations was on a guy with leukemia who caught a fungus from a rose bush, I believe it. As for donors, I don't know for sure, but it seems reasonable to my layman's brain. (Sis responded very well to a new treatment, and has been fine since 2002.)

Comment

I've had a living donor kidney transplant. Yes, it was scheduled. However, it was only scheduled about 6 weeks ahead and I was way too sick to drive 200 miles alone to go swimming. Dialysis can mess with your head but once again you're not going to spontaneously go camping. I vote nuts.

How cold would the pool be if you opened it early? I bet she wouldn't like it.

Comment

well, she came in this morning... half an hour after checkout time and dropped off her key, then asked for a manager... i called my lead, who was expecting the call. the owner (in his civilian clothes LOL) stopped by and hovered nearby as if he were a guest, but available just in case he needed to step in. but no.. he wasn't needed. customer and lead went round and round and round.. basically the woman was insisting that she should have been told, and the lead stating that we don't make reservations for pre and post season and add "oh yeah, and also, the pool is closed" at the end of every single reservation. she then tried to say that her kids (grandkids?) were kicked off the pillow, or not allowed to go golf... neither of which were true. she finally left. came back in briefly to ask the owner's name and number (gave her a business card) and they left, hopefully never to be seen again.

apparently they're camping bloggers.. and they're gonna smear us all over the internet now. i'm scared. really i am. just like the people who were going to trash us on social media last year about the power outage. yup. terrifying

Comment

Working...
                        X