X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't rope me into an argument about policy

because I'm one step ahead of you.

I answered the phone today and said my usual where-can-I-direct-your-call spiel and the man said he had a question. I asked if he knew of a specific department or person that would be the best to send him to and he said he just had a "general question." OK, we get that a lot. In that case I try to answer the question myself, which I offered. I didn't hear all the question because my brain zoned right in on "...so can I as a man step into the women's restroom? blah blah..." Yeah, I wasn't going to walk into that trap so I answered truthfully that I didn't know what our policy was. He challenged that, as if he thought I were lying to get out of giving an answer. I decided this was a conversation he needed to have with a manager and acted accordingly, warning her first.

Yep, talked to said manager and she told him the policy which had been instituted several years ago (news to me). He didn't agree and told her "I don't think I can shop there anymore." Uh, OK. You're having a problem with something the company is doing and harassing people at the store level. I don't think we'll miss you. And BTW, there's a woman who routinely buys win and drinks it in our bathroom. I don't think you really want to go in there.

Funny thing is that a couple of weeks ago we got a similar call but that time the guy asked for a manager immediately. Maybe it's the same guy and he changed his M.O. If that's the case he has too much time on his hands.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    And BTW, there's a woman who routinely buys win and drinks it in our bathroom.
    Then she emerges full of win and I need to shop your company's stores more often.

Yeah, I know, typo. I still had to say it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

His local paper must have banned him from commenting on their stories online and won't print his letters anymore. He's gotta whine to somebody!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah. If you have a problem with a store's policy, contact their PR department (Facebook is good for that) and tell them that way. Don't harass wage slaves based on decisions we have nothing to do with. Also, I LOVE that store. They carry Yellow Tail Moscato. I do, however, take it HOME before drinking it. Drinking in the restroom? Blech.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Some of my former co-workers at the store I used to work at (which I think is the same store that Food Lady works at) said that they were getting those calls with people yelling at them like it was their fault.
          "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Obviously, because we work for a place, we MUST have the same decision-making power as the CEO. Or, at least, we MUST agree with the policy or we'd have walked out. Considerations like keeping a roof overhead and food on the table only apply to people with large 401Ks, not wage slaves like us.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I have to answer policy questions and they are pit traps. They always come with an agenda and are often not up front about it. Returns snd coupons are the big ones. But I get over-charges, price matching, emotional support animals, open carry, animal welfare, product labeling.... I haven't had the bathroom one yet.

Comment

Working...
              X