This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
    If I had set up an account in the late 90's asking what my favorite movie was I would have said Titanic. Ten years ago it was Harry Potter. Nowadays I don't even have a real favorite. So the only way to deal with those questions when they're the only option is really to use them like a second password and put something completely unrelated as the answer...then attempt to remember what this second password was.
    For me, my favorite movie is and always has been Back to the Future. And that's not about to change.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      I blame a lot of the computer problems on the hundreds of passwords we all have. Each program or site has different requirements so you can't use the same password for each one. I have 5 different passwords at work, and they change every month or 6 weeks or 6 months depending on the program. Everyone I have talked to has them written down, usually on a sticky note on the bottom of their keyboard or in their kneehole drawer. How's that for password security?

I have a spread sheet on my home computer with all of my passwords for my financial accounts. That is password protected. That password is written on the back on my cell.
      Back when I first started online, I kept a small spiral notebook w/passwords for all the websites I visited b/c everybody even then (late 90's) started having them. Email accounts as well I keep written down. That book stays in my office in either the file cabinet or the desk drawer. Also my security verification questions are also written down by website credentials, so I have what I need in front of me so I don't screw up trying to verify who I am.

The passwords I use at work, are stored on the memo app on my phone. I don't keep those written down anywhere that they might be seen.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I have an Excell list.... Ever growing...

Comment

Time to re-engage the 10% idiot tax

Comment

Working...
          X