X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been my day.

Almost literally.

I work in a camera retailer that does photo printing.

It seemed like the local nursing home had a mass escape.

I was surrounded by what we call the zombie waftocalypse, brainless wilfully ignorant people who chose to not wear their hearing aids or glasses, and try to make that my problem. Nope.

"Use you fingernail on the kiosk"
    *mashes fingertip*
    "IT'S NOT WORKING!"
    "What did I just tell you?"

"Can you come around here and show me closer"
    wishing I could say the following,"No, this is close enough. The malodours stench of cigarette ash, rotten food and unwashed old man is already making me choke from here, not getting any closer."

"Do you sell the old-fashioned cameras, the simply ones with the fillum? You can tell I'm 90 from this question"
    This one I was ok with, she'd had her old digital camera (and a bunch of other stuff) stolen from her, so I sold her a disposable camera and told her to bring it back to be processed.

"What do you mean it takes 2 weeks to process film!? I used to be able to get it done in an hour?!"
    "Yes, ten years ago, now it's all sent off-site once a week on a Monday, so you've missed today's cut off"

and that was just before lunch....

Comment

But on the flip side of this, I love when older people come up and they know exactly what they want and what to do. I always get a kick of when one of them explains how to do something to someone younger.

Talking about people and their sad lives, had a lady the other day on the phone who kept asking me if our Starbucks rep came in today because one of the managers said they would. I didn't know because it's not my job to know. She kept going on. I finally got her off the phone but she came in maybe an hour later. She got really snotty with the manager because we didn't have a certain flavor of Starbucks coffee. Then proceed to tell us that another flavor doesn't sell so why do we carry it. Lady, they all sell.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
        brainless wilfully ignorant people who chose to not wear their hearing aids or glasses, and try to make that my problem. Nope.
        That always drives me nuts! I've worn glasses since I was eight, and can't see past the end of my nose without them. I don't even want to think what might happen if I ever "forgot" my glasses. And these vain old bats don't want to wear their glasses because they "don't want to look old!"

1. Yeah, I'm sure I totally looked like Methuselah at eight years old.
        2. All that squinting you're doing to see without your glasses will give you some pretty severe crows-feet, which will make you look a hell of a lot older than your glasses will!

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          That always drives me nuts! I've worn glasses since I was eight, and can't see past the end of my nose without them. I don't even want to think what might happen if I ever "forgot" my glasses. And these vain old bats don't want to wear their glasses because they "don't want to look old!"

And I bet they drive with out them too.... egads.

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
            And I bet they drive with out them too.... egads.
            I need glasses to read (although I just wear readers from the drugstore), but I don't need them to drive - road signs are much bigger.

Comment

You are never too old

We use to get a guy who would come into the computer to buy parts and ask advice on expanding his computer system.

This guy had all sorts of add-ons and sometimes had to hunt down special software to get it all going, he was over 80 years old and having fun.

Every time I think of him I want to beat the people over their heads when the claim they are too old to learn computers/electronics andthey are barely past 50 years of age.

In-fact I got angry at my Mom who claimed she could not get the new DVD player to work because she was too old and thus did not know which button was the "PLAY", I in anger grab up the old remote and showed her it was the same symbol on both remotes, then I grab up her tape record and it had the same symbol for the play function, then I pointed to the stereo again the same symbol then I pointed out the record player and again the same symbol was on the play button.

This meant for the last forty plus years of her life she had been pressing the same symbol to start media playing but she had tried "I am too old to learn new stuff", that is not being old, that is being lazy and unobservant.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Digital zoom can GDIAF as far as I'm concerned.
                If I want digital zoom I'll do it in my art program/photo processing program. Give me the highest quality source material I can get, please. Optical zoomy zoom zoom.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  ... Optical zoomy zoom zoom.
                  I want *fit*bits, not *fat*bits. Y'all gimme 100 pushups!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    My first digital camera was a 2.1 Megapixel and came with a 32 MB memory card. Yes, that's mega not giga.
                    Same here!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Did you shoot prints or slides? Also, did it take electrically-fired flashcubes or percussion-fired (Magicubes)?
                    Slides on vacation, prints otherwise. Magicubes.

I still have the better part of a magazine storage box full of old vacation & family picture slides and negatives to scan in. I have one of those USB devices that can read both. It's just tedious.

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I've worn glasses since I was eight, and can't see past the end of my nose without them.
                    Since 6th grade here, despite the fact that I was one of those little kids that sat three feet away from the TV because I couldn't see it otherwise. Our family eye doctor, despite supposedly being very, very good, somehow missed this entirely, AND she missed my brother's lazy eye until it was to late to efficiently correct (she didn't catch it until he was in elementary school; it's harder to correct if you don't start fixing it before age 3 or so).

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Give me the highest quality source material I can get, please. Optical zoomy zoom zoom.
                    Precisely! ^_^ In more ways than one.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      I still have the better part of a magazine storage box full of old vacation & family picture slides and negatives to scan in. I have one of those USB devices that can read both. It's just tedious.
                      Tell me about it. I have a box full of film pictures going back 30 years or so, and a few pictures even older than that. I spent the better part of a year scanning all those into my computer. And I subscribe to a backup service, because I don't want to lose everything.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                      X