Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think HE's rich either, it appears to be a 98' - ish Accord. But, still.......
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

So just how much does the real, valid permit all these geniuses spend so much time/effort/towing costs to avoid buying cost, anyway?
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I have no idea, but, as the meter rebels have proved, even a quarter is too much for some folk!

Comment

A quarter is too much, but even the drop fee and the parking ticket are acceptable? Gotta borrow one of your many great lines here:
          "I couldn't follow that logic if it were GPS equipped and stuck only to major roadways."
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            3. Hit another impounded car in the impound, backing up
            Given that car placement in an impound lot seems to be based more on efficiency than on the car's wheel movement, what would you do if a client came back into your office and asked for a spotter while pulling out?
            Well DUH, it's not IN the car! They have it in their hand, right now!
            I see three possibilities:
            A) They took it out of the car because the dashboard would have been a poor surface for executing the forgery.
            B) They took it out of the car to throw it away and forged it after the call.
            C) They seriously thought a permit (forged or not) would work even if no one could see it.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Summer tows, pay through the nose,
              But uh-oh, those summer whines!
              Well-a well-a well-a huh
              Whined some more, whined some more
              Didn't get very far
              Whined some more, whined some more
              But we've got their car
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                Given that car placement in an impound lot seems to be based more on efficiency than on the car's wheel movement, what would you do if a client came back into your office and asked for a spotter while pulling out?
                Probably depends on how the driver acted to the staff.

If they were nice, and someone was available, then I'm sure a spotter could be found. If the machine is available they might even get it rolled out for them.

Most likely? The driver would be asked to wait long enough for the popcorn to be popped so everyone can gather and watch.

Comment

If you don't trust yourself backing up, one of our drivers will gladly do it for you, assuming one is free.

If you don't trust yourself backing up, and refuse to let one of our drivers drive your car, then we can hook it up and tow it into the street for the standard $55 in town and not exceeding 10 mile tow rate

If you don't trust yourself backing up, refuse to let us drive it out, refuse to let us tow it out, you are officially on your own. And, you WILL be responsible for any damages since, as the cops will point out to you if you complain, "Being able to back up is required for you to get a license" so being BAD at it is no excuse.

Comment

See, this is why I love Alaska. The whole place was basically nowhere until after the invention of the automobile, most of the urban centers (such as they are) were built erratically with no real plan, and we have few compunctions here about clearing room for appropriately sized parking lots. Downtown Anchorage has more of a parking crunch, but the meters are not overly expensive and street parking there is actually free on weekends. The only place where parking is annoying is at the University; there they have both a pay-as-you-go system and a paid parking pass, but they might have free parking or something on weekends, it's been long enough since I was in there that I don't remember. All I remember is that it's annoying to figure out the parking situation during one-off trips to the main campus if you usually operate through the no-dorms, free-parking valley satellite campus 50 miles away and thus don't have a parking pass.
                    Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

"Our Town" no longer uses coin meters. We now have kiosks that you feed to get a slip of paper that you then stick to the inside of your windshield. This means that the "meter readers" look only at your windshield for that slip of paper. If you don't have one, you get a ticket. HOWEVER, the city has also granted free parking to all forms of disabled license plates and/or hang-tag permits.

A few years ago, I was attending a conference downtown, and parked near the convention center. Having one of the previously mentioned license plates, I did not pay for a slip of paper. I came out that afternoon to find a ticket on my windshield. The meter reader did not even bother to look at my plate before issuing a ticket. I had to go to the police station and wait for a few hours before I could be seen to straighten things out. I now put a sign in my front window to look at my plates before issuing a ticket. Actually, these days, I try to avoid paid parking, period.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I can't believe I'm entering this, but here goes. I always wanted to play Rizzo.

Tell us more summer whines
                        But there's no need to brag.
                        Break the rules all the time,
                        Now your car's being dragged.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

If you don't trust yourself backing up, refuse to let us drive it out, refuse to let us tow it out, you are officially on your own. And, you WILL be responsible for any damages since, as the cops will point out to you if you complain, "Being able to back up is required for you to get a license" so being BAD at it is no excuse.
                          If you're that bad at backing up, it's time to pony up for new car with a backup cam. I have one now and it's actually pretty damned awesome.

Comment

What's funny, is I grew up in Reno... if you can't find free parking in Reno, you shouldn't be driving, because you must be legally blind. Even the paid parking (other than the meters) is easy to get a validation for. Do you know how long it took me to figure out how paid parking worked when I got to Salt Lake and had my first experience of places not just giving away parking for free because they knew they would make it up from you (statistically) on the slot machines? About 15 seconds of reading the sign that said I had to pay. If I didn't like it, I could always take the light rail into downtown (and often did). Wow, so difficult.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                            X