This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreasonable SC at the phone store

So this happened quite recently. I work in the telecommunications industry in tech support.

Recently a customer called in because her charger stopped working. She knew it was her charger because she tried someone else's charger and it worked. No problem, we sell chargers, not to mention you can get a charger pretty much anywhere these days. But, it was a problem for her. Even though she has had the charger for almost 2 years, she demanded a free one because she has the extended warranty on her phone. If she actually read the terms of that, she would have known that the extended warranty only covers the phone and not the accessories.

She proceeded to complain how she pays us a lot of money every month. Yeah, play that "I pay my bill" crap. Chances are that if you never pay your full bill on time (which she never did), that crap isn't going to work with your carrier. And news flash, you pay for a service we provide. WE DO NOT MAKE YOUR PHONE. If you want to be a whiny little bitch, call the manufacturer and be a whiny little bitch to them for making such a crappy product, but hey, they aren't going to help you either since the charger is out of the 1 year warranty. This lady also threatened to disconnect her lines because apparently she would rather pay hundreds of dollars in disconnect fees than pay for a new charger. Also, this doesn't make sense because all carriers have the same manufacturers, thus the same warranty terms.

So I get with a supervisor who agrees to allow me to issue a credit to her account which is rather generous. It would offset the cost of a new charger if she wanted to go and purchase one in a store. You think the lady would be happy for that, but nope. Because she did not pay her full bill on time, she has a past due balance which prevents her from billing any equipment to the account. This lady refused to pay anything up front for this item.

I gave another generous offer. I offered to send her a new charger and discount it on the order so she wouldn't have to pay for it because she said she was pregnant and I have compassion (to an extent) as she had no other charger around and she needs her phone (how did we ever get by in the old days?). You think she would have been happy about that. Think again! Because she didn't want to wait for it to get there in two days, she declined and proceeded to yell at me.

I explained to her that I have been more than generous with my offers. What the hell did she want me to do? I don't have a magic wand that I can wave to get her a free charger in her hands in the same day, plus she isn't really entitled to a free charger at all. I told her she could go into a store and MAYBE they will offer her some kind of discount, but I cannot make a decision for them. She then continued to complain about us and threaten to leave.

Bye Felicia! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    Last edited by EricKei; 05-27-2016, 01:04 AM. Reason: deleted potential fratching comment
Working...
X