Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take your word for it, but I just don't think I'd be happy with one. I guess the only member of the rodent family I'm fond of pet-wise are guinea pigs. We did have a family of wild rabbits in our yard at my old house though - we called the original bunny we first saw "Boss" (and the rest of his growing family was referred to as "the Boss clan") because they weren't afraid of us in the slightest.

Comment

Fun fact, they're actually called lagamorphs. Apparently rabbits are closer to horses than rodents.

I don't get it either.

Comment

Since horses once looked like deer I can believe that rabbits and they are related...cause Mother Nature likes to screw with our minds.

Comment

Quoth shopgirl15 View Post
          I'll take your word for it, but I just don't think I'd be happy with one. I guess the only member of the rodent family I'm fond of pet-wise are guinea pigs. We did have a family of wild rabbits in our yard at my old house though - we called the original bunny we first saw "Boss" (and the rest of his growing family was referred to as "the Boss clan") because they weren't afraid of us in the slightest.
          Yeah, rabbits are more badass than I think people give them credit for.

I get it though. I adore rabbits, but a lot of people think it's weird. It's one of those things where it all depends on what you value in a pet. I like a pet that is sweet, sassy, intelligent, fairly small, and can surprise me. Most rabbits have these things.

I've seriously considered a ferret, but decided against it due to their apparent tendency to eat rabbits.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
            Yeah, rabbits are more badass than I think people give them credit for.
            If you ever need your opinion changed on rabbits (and specifically don't think they're badass), just read Watership Down.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X