This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Start To The Weekend!

So since I got downsized by The Q, I've been kinda looking for a second job. Especially since working four days a week at The Bar just isn't cutting it...I need that fifth shift. And lately, my wallet's been telling me that I can't fuck around with this that much longer. Problem is, finding a one day a week job isn't that easy.

Well, Friday I ran into a friend who's helping a new establishment find staffers, and she says they could almost certainly use a one shifter, especially someone of my talents. And since she loves me, and they're tasking her with finding people, that looks like a good option. Actually, it looked like the best option.

Until last night.

I ran into a friend of mine who works a full time job, but also does one day a week at a particular bar in town. But after over 4 years at said bar, she's given her notice, as the schedule between her full time job and that one was getting to be a bit much for her. So chances are good they're gonna be looking for someone to fill that hole. Which she is going go recommend me for. And I know the owner and their main "star" bartender. And....they specialize in rum.

Talk about being tailor made for me! There is literally no one else in town more qualified for that position than me. Well, other than their star bartender, of course. And perhaps one other guy, but as far as I know, he's not looking for a bartender position (he works for a rum company), and I'm not about to tell him about this, as much as I love him.

I am so stoked. Gonna print out my résumé today, and gonna hit the one bar Wednesday (I have the day off), and hopefully my friend can arrange a meeting with me and the new bar that same day, since they are looking to do interviews that day.

Wednesday is gonna be HUGE!

(Yes, I'm giddy. Even with this fucking hangover.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I'd wish you good luck, but I don't think you're gonna need it this go 'round. You fell on your feet for sure. I'll have fingers crossed Wednesday.

Comment

We'll see. There are no guarantees either way.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Good luck, for sure. Don't leave them asking 'but why's the rum gone'!
        Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
        They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Crossing my fingers for ya man!
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
          X