This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butane Lighter part

Okay... I will try to be polite and merely stress what I need.

I inherited my grandfather's Sarome brand butane lighter. He purchased it while in the Navy, or else shortly thereafter.
    I know I probably ought to simply put it in a display case someplace, but it, he bought it to use it, so *I* shall use it.

Two problems, though.
    The FILL NIPPLE, the one IN THE LIGHTER, the one you push the refill canister onto to fill the lighter, the one IN THE LIGHTER... you know, that LITTLE NIPPLE in the BOTTOM of the lighter body!... is broken and needs replacing.

And Sarome does NOT have any sort of contact information for the procurement of parts on their website. Oh, there's PLENTY on their distributors WHO CANNOT OBTAIN AND SELL PARTS, but I need parts.

WHERE THE do I find one of those NIPPLES?!
    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-30-2013, 04:01 AM.

Ebay maybe?
    "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

First option, contact the relevant Sarome HQ for your country if there is one, if not the Japanese HQ.

The part you need is the inlet valve. It's not something that you probably should replace yourself - it's best to send it off to the factory for repair. It'll probably cost though, as I would imagine the warranty is expired.

If you can find a lighter second hand though, and feel confident enough it might be worth a go. Just make sure both lighters are thoroughly empty of gas before you start...

Comment

Lots of them on Ebay, some under $10. Find one for parts, to restore yours because of its sentimental value. Doubtful you'll find a seller of NOS parts.
        Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Working...
        X