X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interwebs no print

Dear patrons who insist on printing from the internet:

INTERNETS NO PRINT GOOD.

Unless the site is set up for printing--say, a pdf form or something that's got one of those 'printer friendly' or 'optimized for printing' links--you're going to get what you get. Sidebars printing fine with main content cut off. Yup. And if it happened before? IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN. A refund? For doing the same stupid thing again and again? Fuck off.

Also, Explorer sucks hairy goat balls. Yes, yes, it does. Sure, try it in mozzarella foxfire. Or the google one. Didn't print good again? Gee, that sucks. But maybe you should stop printing off of someone's homemade column and table heavy real estate site. Or, hell, try copying and pasting like I showed you? Into a word doc--oh, I see, it's too much work and you do this all the time and it's our fault? Of course it is. And pasting your link into something like printfriendly.com is also too much work. Yes. Of course it is.

Enjoy your crappy print out of the internet. I'll be sure to put your $.20 into the 'throw-all-the-computers-out-the-window-and-beat-them-with-sledgehammers fund.'

No love,
    Person who hates people who pretend they know how to use a computer when they really, really don't.

Bah, I bet it's the stupid computers fault. I mean, you probably got cheap ones, I bet they don't even come with a coffee holder. All the good computers have a button you press to make the coffee holder come out....

Sorry, I vomited a little in my mouth trying to type that.

Just tell them it's a PEBCAK error, probably caused by a misconfigured id10t somewhere on the page and they'll need to copy the page into Word to make it print. Everybody knows Word is magical. Unfortunately you can't refund their printing, as part of the agreement that lets them use the computers specifically forbids refunds based on PEBCAKs.

Comment

You know, after the 5,674th time I had to explain to a customer the difference between a website address and an email address (and they still didn't get it....I could tell ), I started to reaaaallly sympathize with IT techs and other unfortunates who do this All. Day. Long.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
        Bah, I bet it's the stupid computers fault. I mean, you probably got cheap ones, I bet they don't even come with a coffee holder. All the good computers have a button you press to make the coffee holder come out....
        Either that or our cheap printers fault. Or maybe it's because they have to pay at the desk now before the print job gets sent to the printer. That way they can't try printing it forty-seven ways before they stumble on the right one and, oh, I just printed ONE page (that I kept!). Hah.

And oh, how tempted I've been to tell them that it's PEBCAK and id10t errors . . . them and the person who thinks there is an ISSUE with THE SYSTEM because anytime she types her card number in real fast, it tells her it can't make a reservation but when she does it the second time, it works! Suuure, it's not a typing error

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post

Sorry, I vomited a little in my mouth trying to type that.

Just tell them it's a PEBCAK error, probably caused by a misconfigured id10t somewhere on the page and they'll need to copy the page into Word to make it print. Everybody knows Word is magical. Unfortunately you can't refund their printing, as part of the agreement that lets them use the computers specifically forbids refunds based on PEBCAKs.
          Yeah, in a situation like that, it's usually a PEBCAK error or a PICNIC error. And yeah, it's usually caused by an ID-10-T error.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
          X