This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm....it seems to be working....

I passed my test to be spec. ed. certified, but the state doesn't think passing is enough, you have to pay them to actually be certified in it. So I'm trying that, but I got bumped offline. Now I have to call to see what to do.

After 50 minutes on hold, I finally get ahold of someone and explain I just need to pay but the original link has disappeared, so I need to know what I need to click now to get to the "in process" page.

Him: Well, you need to be on Internet Explorer or the option isn't there.
    Me: I was literally just on the page on Safari and it worked.
    Him: I'm afraid you're mistaken, only IE will allow you to load the page to work. Once you're on a PC, you'll see "in process option" on the page, click that and you can pay there.
    Me: I'm on the page right now on Safari and I can see "in process option."
    Him: You must be mistaken, you're going to have to get on a PC for that link to show up.
    Me: I've clicked the link and I'm typing my credit card information right now.
    Him: It's not going to go through, you're going to have to get on a PC.
    Me: It just went through. Bye.

I'm assuming from your nickname you are dealing with TEA -

He is right. You HAVE to use IE to pay for your certification. You will also have to use it to pass your STAAR and TELPAS training. It is a royal pain in the rear but Chrome, Firefox, and Safari do not work with the TEA on line training. Better you know that now that spend a couple of hours doing STAAR and TELPAS only to get to the print out your certificate part of the training and find out that you have to go back and do the same damn thing all over again - especially with the very painful videos of various situations with STAAR testing. (With the Billions we are forking over to Pearson you think they could get some 1/2 decent actors.)

Comment

and that's stupid really. There's too many people on Macs now to hold on tight to the "IE only" scripts, cos there IS no Mac version of IE.

That's like restricting a service to landlines only when so many people have cell phones but not landlines.

Comment

Quoth kaherbert View Post
        He is right. You HAVE to use IE to pay for your certification.
        No, he wasn't. You only need IE for the initial sign-up and log-in. After that, access is open to all browsers. I even remember reading that on the website. And even if I wasn't supposed to be able to do what I did, my point is that he was telling me what I was witnessing wasn't happening. That means he was wrong.

Quoth kaherbert View Post
        is a royal pain in the rear but Chrome, Firefox, and Safari do not work with the TEA on line training.
        I don't know it'll be different this year, but the last 6 years, I was able to do both TELPAS and STAAR trainings by using Firefox. That's the while reason I downloaded Firefox 6 years ago.

Comment

I've used firefox for the past 7 years, and never had any problems on the TEA website when I got certified.

Comment

Working...
          X