Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because YOU Demanded It: Tales From My Personal Retail Hell...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
    So, that's just a tiny taste of my many years in Retail Hell. At this point, I've done it all, I've seen it all, I've heard it all... I just can't remember it all.
    ...and in the end, you probably don't want to. Key things gained after working several years in retail: experience, wisdom, selective memory loss.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Weird how loose they were with policies - particularly with how anal they were about their inventories. I used to work for an inventory company (that many used to think was named for a state or a national capital, but really was named after it's founder Jack W.) and ran many of the inventories for the Crowns in the Sandy Eggo area. Boy, were they strict. I had to break each store into 4 foot sections, with an "area" being one shelf - and I had to audit one area per section. Plus, I had to use numerically controlled data sheets, and couldn't use a computer. (This was 1990.)

And they wanted it done with the fewest man-hours possible.

Strange how they didn't mind shrinkage the rest of the year...
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
      X