This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man embezzled 6.5 million

Holy crap I used to deliver this guys mail! Some if my best Christmas and two birthday gifts were from him.

Portage MI man sentenced to prison for embezzling more than $6.5 million from Village Market Food Centers: http://bit.ly/160Nt0C

6.5 million?

Ya have to wonder what is going on in these people's heads. He was obviously good at what he did, criminal-wise. Had he kept it more low key, he probably could have gotten away with it. But when you essentially drive a business under, someone's gonna poke around.

Did you get muscle cars for Christmas?

Comment

Who the hell needs 14 mustangs and 7 Chevelles??
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

No...no muscle car but I did get my first iPod touch from him.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Holy crap I used to deliver this guys mail!
          Not really related, other than the feeling of surprise, but your comment reminded me of the Postal Carrier that I had for the last several years of living in a house I owned from the mid '80's to the late '90's.

He was a real nice guy, and always up for a pleasant chat if I was outside when he was on his Route.

Even over the next few years after moving just a few blocks away, but off of his Route, I'd still run into him when I was out and about in the old 'hood, and again, he'd take a moment to have a nice chat, and we'd catch up on what was going on in our respective lives.

Imagine a few years later, when I read in the paper that he'd been charged with hoarding customers' mail!

I was absolutely stunned!

Even thinking back on our interactions, there was nothing about his personality that would indicate any other than him being a genuinely nice guy.

Before that, and since, I have heard many people that know someone that has committed a crime, in many cases much, much worse than what this guy did, and that person will go on camera saying they couldn't believe the person would do such a thing, and seemed to be a nice and average person.

I used to think, "Oh, c'mon! There must've been something in his behavior that stood out, and wouldn't make what he did an inconceivable surprise!" But since then, I know differently.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          Who the hell needs 14 mustangs and 7 Chevelles??
          What if it had been 21 DeLoreans?

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
          X