This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycotting over a Coupon

It is that time of year where there are coupons out for the stores in the strip, only this time my store decided that we will not be taking the coupons the strip put out. This has caused my life to become more difficult because now I need to explain that we do not take that coupon.

An easy sale turned into a nightmare when SC decided to give one of her many coupons to the Young Man (YM) I had just FINISHED checking out! Yes, YM's sale was over when SC gave her coupon to him...

Me: I'm sorry but we are not taking these coupons this time
    SC: Why Not?
    Me: Because my manager told me we cannot take them
    SC: But you took them every other time!!!
    Me: But we are not taking them this time, it is what I was told to do
    SC: *Ranting*

Meanwhile, I am feeling sorry for YM being stuck in the middle of her rant...

SC: I'm not buying this!!! *Meaning her $3.00 item*
    YM: Thanks anyway.... *Finally manages to slip away*
    SC: I am going to boycott this store until you start accepting coupons again. There should be a warning by law that you do not take these coupons. This is deceiving!

This is probably the first of more to come....

On a positive note: I actually got a tip for doing a good job wrapping a lady's items! I would have never guessed I would have received a tip while working on the register!
    Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
    - Charlie Chaplin

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
    - Captain Jack Sparrow

Oh no, the world is ending, the store isnt taking my coupon!!! I am NEVER coming back at least till tomorrow!
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

^ She had a coupon on a $3 item?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If it were a grocery store, yeah, coupons on $3 would be expected. Anywhere else, not so much. Would likely be for like 20 c off tho ~_~ So not exactly a game breaker.

re: her "there should be a law!" comment -- whether there is for not, I don't think I've seen a coupon or advertised promo in many many years that did NOT say "valid only at participating locations" unless it applied to a company that doesn't do franchises, and, as such, would not have any non-participant stores. Besides, the stripmall itself wrote up the coupons, so the onus is on them.

This all reminded me of a recent coupon-y deal I got ^_^ A brand of overpriced ice cream I indulge in maybe once or twice a year (I'm talking $6 or more for what used to be a 1/2 gallon...then shrunk to 1.75 quarts...now 1.5qt...with the prices going up all the time) that was on sale for $2.49 each. I happened to have a manufacturer coupon for $3 off 3 boxes, which combined with an electronic store coupon for another 50c or so off of each one that I had forgotten about (the grocery chain lets you load "e-coupons" on to your loyalty card via their website -- I'm not the "coupon collector" type; I'm lazy. I just hit the site and load up every coupon I see for items that I think I might even consider getting in the next six months) ^_^ So...I paid about a dollar a box for all 3. Me happy, and I will have plenty to eat/share because of it
        Last edited by EricKei; 08-01-2013, 02:43 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X