This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog in the store

Honestly, I thought I 'd seen everything at my store (celebrated my one year there last week) but today took the cake

I was at the front desk when the door greeter tells the CSM that a pitbull walked into the store. The dog, by itself, no stupid owner trying to bring it in, and that it came in pretty quickly before she could stop it. I am asked to help look for it. As i look around, I notice the lack of people screaming and yelling that would most likely accompany the sight of a large, unrestrained dog in the store. Then I went to the recieving area, employees only, and heard a shriek.

I see the dog, pretty big, running towards me. All white with brown patches over it's eyes and a couple smaller patches toward the rear. It runs over to a stocker working back there, and immediately rolls onto its back and starts wagging it's tail. I was recriuted to watch the dog in our training room for the next 90 minutes or so, where the dog attempted to lick me to death. On my lunch hour I took her for a walk, and the AM on duty tried to get me to take her home. No way, as I already have two other dogs who wouldn't like the bounding pile of pure energy that this dog was. Fortunately one of the auto techs said he'd take her home, and presumably had someone pick her up as a she was gone before I left. It was a weird experience, but really, why couldn't it have been a cocker spaniel or something smaller? Just my luck really

Good thing it was a playful pitbull and not one that would run around barking at people and sneaking the meat out of the cooler.

Comment

Have to agree with that. I don't like dogs at the best of times, but a pit bull? whew, lucky it didn't want to gnaw on your leg.

Comment

Could you not have called the police or Animal control to come and collect the dog? If it was friendly, it probably had a good owner who was worried about it, and the police / AC could have checked for a micro-chip.
        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
        - Dave Barry

Comment

Yeah I forgot to mention that the AM called animal control, but then decided that she was afraid that the dog would be put to sleep so she tried getting people to take the dog home. Hopefully the owner tries to put up posters or something, because we have no idea who her owner is.

Comment

I bet all the dog wanted was a beer. He's trying to become a loyal customer so he could shop there more often.
            Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Jeez, at least it wasn't a Jack Russell, those little guys are nuts!

Comment

Had a huge alsation walk through our place. It completely ignored the meat counters, gave us a friendly woof, and kept moving.

We were astounded, considering the tasty treats we had on offer.

Rapscallion

Comment

As for the Alsatian, it's entirely possible that the dog had never eaten people's food in his life, so the dog wouldn't necessarily have recognized the 'tasty treats' as edible. Not to say that he couldn't have learned quickly...
                  Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                  - Robert E. Howard

Comment

One time when I was working at the movie theatre, I was opening that day, and I find that someone had left a box with 6 kittens next to the dumpster in the back of the building. The kittens couldn't have been more than a day or two old, so I got to spend the morning trying to nurse them baby formula in a syringe, until the DM gave permission for me to drive them out to the Humane Society about 45 mins away while on the clock.
                    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Last week week had a very sweet Australian Shephard come running into our health club, go behind the front desk, into the back office and jump into the pool. (It was over 100 degrees outside, poor doggie). She was also thirsty and her front paw was bleeding. We gave her water, badaged her up and then she proceeded to lay under my bosses desk. We were able to get the vet's number off of her tags and call and find out the name of the dog and have them contact the owners. Unfortunatly, the entire front desk and my boss's office smelled of wet dog for the next couple of hours until the owner came. The dog's name was Sadie and was so totally sweet and kept following the staff around.

Comment

For about a year, my husband was in a paid vocational training program that involved working in a thrift store. One day, he came back from lunch to find that someone had apparently "donated" a box of five kittens.

By the end of the day, all five had found their new homes and new two-legged slaves. Two or three went home with people who'd come by to drop off donations, the rest went home with various staff.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion
                          Had a huge alsation walk through our place. It completely ignored the meat counters, gave us a friendly woof, and kept moving.
                          They seem to be some of the smartest, most well socialized dogs around.

As for the pit in the original story...pits come in 2 flavors. Chew your face off, or wag their whole rear end off. If you can get one of the wagging ones, there's no bigger, more spoiled baby of a dog.
                          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

I remember last year I had the door open during hte summre. Heard the bell ring so I go out of the place. with beer thats clood. ?? ... _-_- hiopes yiuy kow what I'm talking about.

Nobody tehre that I see, and all is good for the day. Later on me and manager were wereing in the hallway, and big rat flies out from under table and back into store and out the door.

I also feed numoers homeless cats around the area food.
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                            X