This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranky old ladies at the thrift shop

So this happened just this morning. I stopped by a thrift shop downtown to see what they had, plus this was a day they were donating part of the profits to a cause I like.

While I'm there, these two elderly women at the register start bitching up a storm. One of them is only speaking what I think was Chinese, and the other one starts accusing the cashier of charging the wrong ticket in broken English. Needless to say you could hear them through the whole store - they both had very high pitched voices that bordered on a screech.

The cashier (another old lady who volunteers her time there - I believe all the staff are volunteers) acknowledges she charged the wrong ticket and tries to apologize, but the bitching continues nonstop, they even start poking their fingers at the poor cashier's face. The manager comes over and tries to get them to shush, but it goes on and on from the two women. (I felt bad for the manager, she was trying lines like: "We all make mistakes...life is still beautiful...)

Well they did eventually leave and I found a nice black Express skirt which was on sale that day for a $1.06 Great success.

Gaaah. At some point, you have to apologize, undo the sale, refund their money and tell them to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE STORE.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Gaaah. At some point, you have to apologize, undo the sale, refund their money and tell them to GET THE HELL OUT OF THE STORE.
      I like, "You've got your money back, now piss off."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X