This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mhkohne View Post
    They filed 'The ABC document' under 'The' didn't they?
    I've seen that. I've also seen loans for "<Company>, LLC" filed under "LLC." (LLC = Limited Liability Corporation. Though it's technically part of the business name, it just identifies what type of business it is.)
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Some years back, the Beetle Bailey comic strip had Gen. Halftrack's secretary filing letters under "L".
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Again: stapler use! I went through a stack of stapled documents this afternoon, and half of them had pages falling off the back because the staples didn't go all the way through. And it's not like they were thick stacks of paper, either. Only about 1/4" thick. ARGH!
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          ... Gen. Halftrack's secretary filing letters under "L".
          I can't imagine why he wouldn't fire her!

I suspect we're going to see more and more filing starting with "The" as apparently iTunes sorts artists that way.
          Last edited by sms001; 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            Again: stapler use! I went through a stack of stapled documents this afternoon, and half of them had pages falling off the back because the staples didn't go all the way through. And it's not like they were thick stacks of paper, either. Only about 1/4" thick. ARGH!
            Could be worse. I handle Petty Cash Reimbursements (as in, worker pays for something work-related with his/her own money and gets it refunded with the next paycheck if/when the proper documentation (as, like receipts and credit card stubs) is provided).
            One worker chose to staple 10 receipts toghether with 35 (THIRTY-FIVE!) staples. Ya know, just in case.
            A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

When I first started driving a taxi, I bought some envelopes and wrote income and expenses down on the outside and put cash and printouts inside, one envelope for each day, which I found natural after the bikeshop. The owner's wife, who make the accounts, gushed about how nice it was to have a driver who turned proper accounts in and I didn't understand why until I saw how the other drivers did it.
              They just took printouts, receipts and cash for a week, folded everything up in a little wad around the coins, put as many staples as possible at the rim of the wad and turned that over to the wife to unpick and unfold and make into a proper account .

Comment

An inability to figure out change without the computer/register telling them what to give.

/I'll admit I was thrown by a customer giving me extra coins after I was already counting out change for the bills they'd given me, but that was only for a second and only because my thought process had been interrupted.

My husband is the IT manager at his company. There isn't a day that goes by that either he or one of the other members of IT have to go turn on someone's computer or monitor or plug in the mouse or keyboard or similar basic bullshit because their computer's "not working."
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'll get thrown by extra change too, but mainly if a customer gives me a really odd amount that will result in an odd amount back; say, insisting I take 6 cents when the bill is $xx.32...what's the point? Then they get mad when I end up giving them back even more coins than they gave me.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

An inability to get to one's email without using google.

Yes, Boss is one of those. He googles his yahoo email, clicks the link, and logs in. He does what he needs to, then either minimizes or closes the window, only to open it again when he needs it.

Also, he's incapable of moving between OSX and Windows. He doesn't understand that the little red x in Windows CLOSES THE FREAKING PROGRAM. We've told him, a dozen times, not to x out of email, because then we don't get email. What does he do when he wants it to go away, so he can see the POS system? Yup. He closes the window.

Comment

The ability to spell, use proper punctuation, and capitalization, and to proof read documents that I've typed.

The ability to use technology. One of my co-workers is terrified of technology and asks me to do simple tasks, instead of learning how himself. Stuff I've done for him includes: showing him how to use a digital camera, changing batteries in said camera, making copies, looking up the weather, score of the football game, his paycheck stubs, and adding a contact to his cell phone.

The ability to tidy up the office, and put things back in their proper places.

I'm also the only person, who brings extra snacks and bottled water in to work. I give away snacks at least once a week, and I give my other co-worker a bottle of water several times a week. I now keep a small stash of bottled water in the fridge.

I'm also apparently the only person who ever carries quarters with them, because my same co-worker will bring in a bunch of nickels and dimes, in exchange for quarters. Same goes for Tylenol, Tums, hand sanitizer, lotion and wipes.

Comment

Working...
                      X