X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody!

Hello everybody!

I'm "Julian" (well that's not my real name but you know that ha ha) I recently started working as a checker for a somewhat upscale supermarket chain in a somewhat upscale (in the mind of those who live there) suburb of town in the Northern West Coast.

So far, everything has been going great. I have learned most of the check register commands, and a few (if not most) of the PLU numbers. I still have trouble remembering some things, but thank goodness my co-workers are helpful and patient with me. In fact, the managers said they are happy with my work, given the fact that I started working after only training for three afternoons.

Most people that come through my line are polite and friendly, and don't mind waiting if I make a mistake or two (for which I always apologize with a smile). But then you have the self-entitled ass****s who think because they live is a McMansion in a fake upscale suburb they can look down on you and treat you like garbage. They try to intimidate you and make you feel small so they can feel better about their miserable selves. I can't tell you how many of these unloved, and unhappy, sour people think they can be rude just because they have some "money" (if they had any "real" money they wouldn't be doing their own groceries!).

Then you have the people who won't even look at you or say "hi"....HI! How hard is it to utter a simple one syllable word. They just ignore you completely like you are not even there. Makes one feel like sh*t.

I deflect their rudeness with politeness and try to go on with my day, but still makes me a little sad and ticked that people do this kind of stuff. I know I'm not the first, or the last, to experience this. People sure are strange! I actually feel bad about those rude people because it's rather sad to think they are so miserable they have to seek consolation in making other people miserable.

I can go on and on about all the rudeness, ignorance, and clueless-ness I see everyday while checking and bagging people's groceries...But it's now worth wasting any more of my time and energy (or yours, for that matter) on things that cannot be changed.

Well, I'm glad I found this site! Writing this out made me feel better. I'm just trying to stay sane and be the best I can be at my job.

Thanks for your time everyone!

Quoth Julian View Post
    I actually feel bad about those rude people because it's rather sad to think they are so miserable they have to seek consolation in making other people miserable.
    Good attitude to have Julian. I do too, but they make it REALLY hard sometimes.

Welcome aboard, nice first post.

Comment

Great to have another grocery employee on board. Welcome to CS, Julian.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

I feel obligated to tell you that I read the OP title in Dr. Nick's voice.

Welcome to CS!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          I read the OP title in Dr. Nick's voice.
          Yeah, me too.

Comment

Working...
          X