Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was drawn with BALL POINT PENS???

http://vianaarts.deviantart.com/art/...-Pen-310870595

Seriously. This was drawn using ball point pens. Apparently the artist used 6 different colors, plus black. For colors he didn't have he just cross-hatched them so that the eye blends the ink, rather than actually trying to blend the colors etc.

I just wish there was a bigger version out there online to look at. this seriously looks like a photo, not a drawing using bics

That's AWESOME!

Comment

I am in utter shock.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

you can tell it's not a photo, but barely. When i first saw it, I was sure it was the photo... what's even more amazing is that art is a hobby to the artist here. he's a lawyer. and look at the artist's other pictures. This artist probably should be a professional artist.

Comment

Just. Amazing.

(And love the "just a lawyer" line in the FAQ.)

Thanks Pep!

Comment

Absolutely incredible.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Also amazing is that it took only 30 hours to do ... given the detail and the use of ballpoint pens, I was really expecting to see a time period of months, if not years ...

Comment

That IS amazing and beautiful! A friend uses the same technique for photos too (a grid) but uses a drawing tablet instead of ball point pins.

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                Also amazing is that it took only 30 hours to do ... given the detail and the use of ballpoint pens, I was really expecting to see a time period of months, if not years ...
                It's probably 30hrs over days or weeks. A couple of hours a night sort of thing. I don't think they did a straight 30hrs of nothing but this. If they did, I can only imagine the muscle cramps at the end. owie!

Comment

Working...
                X