This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Make Matters Worse...

Ohhhhh they all get so crazy when the Powerball is so high...

SC: I'd like a powerball with powerplay.
    Me: Okay, just one?
    SC: *in a very snotty tone* NO!!!
    Me: *sighs and looked at her over my glasses*
    SC: ...I want FIVE.
    Me: Alright, now we're actually getting somewhere here.

SC: I'd like a powerball.
    CW: *prints ticket*
    SC: Oh...I wanted that with powerplay.

This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

A man comes up to the counter, doesn't look at me, doesn't listen to my stupid little questions I have to ask him and doesn't acknowledge anything at all about me or the store or other people. I tell him to have a good day VERY LOUDLY. He turns around and leaves without taking his change. So naturally being me I took the penny and threw it at him as he left. Obviously it was designed to miss him and it did. But it sailed right in front of this next SC. Is that a problem? No, and you'll find out why.

SC: I'd like a powerball.
    CW: Okay, just one?
    SC: *staring at her phone*
    CW: Just one ma'am?
    SC: *still starting at her phone.*
    CW: Did you want that with powerplay?
    SC: *phonetopia has captured her brain*
    CW: MA'AM, DID YOU WANT POWERPLAY???
    SC: *still oblivious*

So CW prints out the ticket and tells her two dollars.

SC: ...*suddenly wakes from phone hypnotism* Oh...umm...two dollars? I thought...
    CW: You wanted powerplay, didn't you? (I don't know if I've ever heard such vitriol from a person before...)
    SC: I thought they were three dollars.

It was at this point that I started laughing so hard that I had to actually LEAVE the front counter and go into the back room while announcing, "I can't do this. I can't do this." I'm 100% certain that phone-face mcgee has no idea that was even about her. (Three dollars is only if they have the powerplay option.)

My poor CW always gets the worst of them because she's on the lottery register. This guy got a lottery ticket and set down a soda right in front of her. He watched her ring it up and charge him for it, in cash. So he WILLINGLY paid for it.

SC: I already paid for that.
    CW: Oh, okay. *reaches for it*
    SC: *snatches it away* I ALREADY PAID FOR IT!!!
    CW: Yes, I understand, I have to scan it to refund it because I charged you twice for it. You put it on the counter and I didn't know.
    SC: *puts it down*
    CW: *muttering* I'm going to have a mental breakdown.
    SC: WHY?! AM I BOTHERING YOU?!
    CW: NO. Powerball is!
    SC: Why???
    CW: Because everyone is getting powerball and there's a giant line behind you and they're probably all getting powerball too and I'm the only register that can sell it so you should just go. You should just go.

I gotta tell ya, when CW tells you to "just go" you're the one who's a fuckbag and yes, you're bothering her.

SC: *throws at me a 20* On pump 5.
    Me: Okay 20 on pump 5. *punches it in*
    SC: You didn't ask me how much I wanted. I wanted 15.
    Me: When people throw money at me and tell me a pump I just assume they want the whole thing. Would you like me to change it?
    SC: No. Nevermind. Just give me a receipt!!!

SC: *really heavy accent* ____ on pump 15.
    Me: Erm...twelve? Twelve on fifteen?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Okay. *puts it on pump and hands back eight dollars out of the twenty*
    SC: NO!!! I WANTED TWENNNNTYYYYY.
    Me: Ooookayyy, you wanted twenty? You said yes to twelve.

His friend apologized for him.

*phone rings*
    Me: *spiel*
    Person: I'd like to speak to the hiring manager.

When this happens I check the time. If it is ANY time past 2 o'clock even if the manager is still there...

Me: I'm sorry but the manager has left for the day, you can reach her at ___ through 2:00 on Monday through Friday.

I'll do it right in front of our manager too. It'll be like 2:02 and I'll look at her, cover the phone and go, "You're not here." She'll just nod. These are people who have been told before to call the manager between such and such times and they STILL call her after 2:00. That does NOT down like you really want this job despite calling about your application (which is just annoying when you're applying for a gas station job, come on.)

All this happened and to make matters worse my CW went to take a smoke break (she only does this when things are particularly stressful) and while she was out there a train was coming along the tracks (they're like company trains used to transport materials back and forth on a rail line through the city) and there was a DOG IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACKS.

So naturally CW ran forward and (while wearing our bright-ass red uniform) waved at the train and started making the "honk your horn" sign at them so they would honk at the dog. They slowed down quite a bit and did actually honk the horn and the dog did eventually move off the tracks. Had CW very shaken up. She thought she was just going to watch a dog get hit by a train right on her smoke break.

Talk about stressful.
Working...
X