This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
    I only have patience for this when dealing with one particular kind of customer-- kids. We had a little girl come in the other day at the Big Yellow Price Tag who bought her first iPad with an assortment of different bills, including a LOT of singles. Because she earned that herself by holding a yard sale, and her mom was teaching her to count money, we took extra care to be nice.

Anybody else gets the stink-eye.
    When I was running registers, I had a couple of kids do this. Fortunately, both times, I was actually running low on change. It IS painfully slow to have them count the money out, but I flipped off my light and let them take their time (this was before we were timed on transactions, thankfully) then turned it back on when they were done. I got my hands smacked for it, but I think at that time there was still some heart in our managers.

I asked the Speedway clerks once if I could buy gas with change, but it was like five dollars worth of quarters and dimes. Truthfully I needed enough gas to get to the credit union to deposit it! They're really nice guys there and let me.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      Tonight I actually made a delivery to a house, and the morons were about to give me a bag full of change. ICC= Idiot Change Customer
      Me: I'm going to have to count all that out.
      ICC: You do?
      Me Yup I have to make sure its all there.
      ICC: Its all we got.
      Me: Alright, but I gotta count it out.
      Him and his wife look at each other confused.
      Me: You can pay with credit card. We can simply call it in.
      ICC: We don't have a credit card.
      They hand me the change, and I once again tell them I will have to count it out.
      ICC: Come on, man.
      Me: Sorry.
      Lo and behold, they pull a $20 out, and then a coin as well. I leave. As I said before, I will make them wait while I count it out. I don't give a fuck if they get mad, you shouldn't pay with a bunch of coins like that. Its inappropriate and nobody likes when you do it.
      unfortuneately my all-coin-payment SCs just get pissed off when I say I WILL count it (not do the pull-a-$20-bill-from-their=ass routine). I do explain to them that I have been shorted too many times in the past and I REFUSE to pay for ANY portion (however small) of a customers bill (yes I would have to make up any difference out of MY pocket)
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I guess one way you could put it and this would probably only work for cashiers is to tell the person "What if there is more than you think in here?" I mean they wouldn't want to hand over too much money now. For people who rely on tips we all know that if the customer is paying with change there's a good chance you're gonna be shorted and you won't be getting a tip.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Ugh. The change SC's! They always swear up and down there's *exactly* the amount of money they stated in the baggie/pile/whatever, and there seldom is. Aaaand they wonder why we count it....and I will count it *s l o w l y* if they're the only customer in line.

Once, this guy tried to pass CANADIAN coins off. Sorry, sometimes that will fly near the border, but we're in freaking Florida. He had the nerve to get pissy with me about it, ranting on and on about bad customer service, and I should accept the money because.....get this.....he comes here all the time.

As for the people that want to exchange the coins for cash....when they come in late at night, and overly bubbly, angry, or with shaking hands....now, I'm no detective but I know a dope head when I see one!
          Last edited by Athaelia; 08-15-2013, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X