This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random flashback

I remembered something that happened a few years ago. It's pretty random but I wanted to share it with ya'll.

My friend Sophie, was over at the condo neighborhood I used to live in. We were happily drawing on the ground with some chalk we found, knowing it'll be washed away in a few hours by the rain.
    Then this random lady across the street stared at us and shouted; "You live here?"
    "I do!" I shouted back. "But my friend doesn't."
    At first I thought she wanted to make some nice, neighborly conversation but then she said; "You kids need to stop leaving shit like that around here!"
    she went on and on about it but I can't remember. I THINK she also said something about us getting out of the neighborhood, or something??

I just remember that this grown lady decided to yell and cuss at a pair of kids. (ok, we weren't kid kids. she was in 8th grade and I was in 9th but we still looked pretty young)

Like, wth, though. Random memory is random.

BTW, Sophie and I felt really bad about it afterwards though and get a mini bucket and washed the chalk drawings away. The drawings weren't of even bad things; just random cartoon characters and flowers and animu and body outlines. :s

Now that I think back on it, there was no reason for us to have felt bad over it and for us to have gone out of our way to wash it away - especially since it rained less than an hour after we were done cleaning it away.

That woman needed a 2x4 upside the head. When I was younger we drew chalk designs and pretty "pitchers" all over anything that couldn't run away. It was the accepted thing back then. And like you said, the rain (and wind) would eventually wash it away. Some people are just real asshats.

Comment

I have a double-width blacktop driveway - and I bought my kids a big bucket-o-chalk.

Some people need real problems to worry about.

Comment

Now see... I would have gone and drawn certain male body parts all over the public side walk near her house after that...

But then I'm vindictive.

Seriously though I'd MUCH rather have kids (even teens) playing with sidewalk chalk than the MULTITUDES of other things they *COULD* be doing.

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
          Now see... I would have gone and drawn certain male body parts all over the public side walk near her house after that...

But then I'm vindictive.

Seriously though I'd MUCH rather have kids (even teens) playing with sidewalk chalk than the MULTITUDES of other things they *COULD* be doing.
          I agree! And i still love drawing with chalk ovo
          At work, I once ended up covered with chalk because the kids drew on me hehe.

Comment

Geez, that's pretty harmless. You'd think with all the bad things in the world she could have found a REAL problem to complain about.

Funny bit: I have to walk right through a construction zone to get to work. Major improvement projects going on downtown Along one stretch of sidewalk are grates that, I assume, lead to the sewers. The other day someone had written in chalk next to a grate "There are people trapped down here."

I dunno, made me laugh...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              on downtown Along one stretch of sidewalk are grates that, I assume, lead to the sewers. The other day someone had written in chalk next to a grate "There are people trapped down here."

I dunno, made me laugh...
              We all float down here Georgie.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
              X