This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "Prelude to a Scene" Edition

Well, I think I'm fixin' to have a guest go ballistic on me.

Here's the deal. We allow pets. We charge a daily pet fee of $25. If you want to have a pet in your room, you must pay this fee, and sign an agreement that you will not leave your pet unattended, and not bring it into areas that they are prohibited from. On our registration card is a clause that the guest must initial stating they are aware that any undeclared pets will result in a $250.00 cleaning fee.

We have a guest currently in house that has stayed with us a few times in the last month or so. The other day, he discovered that we allow pets due to another guest inquiring as he was waiting to check in. Sally, informed him that, yes, we do accept pets, but there is a daily, non refundable, $25 pet fee. He then completely filled out the reg card, including initialing the above clause (he actually did it twice, as he extended his stay, and we have guests sign a new reg card each time they do that).

Earlier today, a guest in the room next door to his, heard his dog barking and asked to be moved. Later that evening, Sally also heard it. She assessed the $250.00 fee to his CC, and tried to get a hold of him since 9PM, to let him know.

So, I have a guest who has violated the rules, but is currently unaware that WE KNOW he has done so, and have already charged him the consequences. And the GM is off property, in another state, for a personal event.

Should be fun

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Oy. It does sound like it could be ... interesting. However, you do sound as if you're quite prepared.

Comment

We once had a guy call the cops because we charged him for smoking in the room. Cops came over, saw the signed reg card and said to the guy tough luck you violated a contract. If it comes to it, I think the police would be on your side. Hope that helps.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

UPDATE:

Nicholle Strikes Again!

Apparently the gentleman above DID pay the pet fee, but Nicholle posted it in his account manually, instead of applying a Fixed Charge as she is SUPPOSED to do. She also failed to get the guest to sign the pet agreement, so he can claim to have been unaware of the rules against leaving his pet unattended.

Before I was anticipating the dispute, now I am pissed because Nicholle caused us to really screw the guest financially, because the $250 authorization is going to take a little while to drop back into his account. And he will have every right to be .

I know I am.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          Apparently the gentleman above DID pay the pet fee, but Nicholle posted it in his account manually, instead of applying a Fixed Charge as she is SUPPOSED to do.
          Oooooh! That would burn me up too!

[threadjack] We have a strict no-pets policy. I had someone call once and say they wanted a room for "two adults, and no dogs". I found that suspiciously specific. [/threadjack]
          "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
          Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
            UPDATE:

Nicholle Strikes Again!

Apparently the gentleman above DID pay the pet fee, but Nicholle posted it in his account manually, instead of applying a Fixed Charge as she is SUPPOSED to do. She also failed to get the guest to sign the pet agreement, so he can claim to have been unaware of the rules against leaving his pet unattended.

Before I was anticipating the dispute, now I am pissed because Nicholle caused us to really screw the guest financially, because the $250 authorization is going to take a little while to drop back into his account. And he will have every right to be .

I know I am.

SC
            On the other hand, you can tell the guest you have already refunded the $250, which, assuming the guest is reasonable, would at least help...

Comment

And be sure to document Nicholle's screwup. Paper trail. As her screwups start hurting the company, they may need that papertrail if they get the gonads to fire her.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                And be sure to document Nicholle's screwup. Paper trail. As her screwups start hurting the company, they may will need that papertrail if they get the gonads to fire her.
                Fixed for your convenience. That may well be a big if. Maybe if the custy complains...in an unsucky manner (also likely to be a big if---but I wouldn't blame him if he was sucky following this nonsense).
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
                  [threadjack] We have a strict no-pets policy. I had someone call once and say they wanted a room for "two adults, and no dogs". I found that suspiciously specific. [/threadjack]
                  In the same line I had someone not that long ago who called at least 6 times to find out if we allowed pets. Some times it was her, some times a male, once a kid, etc. I am the only one here at night, so I have to assume they were fishing for an answer so they could say "buuuuut so and so said we cooouullddd!"

Comment

Working...
                  X