This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely the wrong depot...

So I've been touring around the various locations we have in our company doing the same job, travelling sucks but side note, thanks to this site and learning from the countless hotel clerks, all the staff at the hotels I stay at love me, the secret? Treating them like humans, but I digress.

Sort out what isn't your job to sort

Had a lady transferred to me by a new starter, new starter took some payment over the phone but the account needed not to be paid so I get the call

Me: Hi there! You're through to [supervisor floor] how can I help?
    SC: Yeah that guy just took my money
    (OH NOES YOU'VE BEEN ROBBED!)
    Me: Okay and what was that for?
    SC: OH MY GOD IT WAS TO PAY OFF MY BALANCE ON MY LOAN
    *aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnndddddddd stop*
    Me: Ah ok sir, the loans for personal items are taken with [loan company]
    Sc: Yeah?
    Me: Well err, we don't deal with them because you're loan is with them
    SC: Well can't you pay it off?
    Me: Well no sir, because it's your loan.
    *Rinse and repeat*
    Like seriously, its like buying something on a credit card and going to the store and saying I want to pay off my credit card...GO DEAL WITH THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP CALLING YOU FOR THEIR MONEY!

Oh no it's your fault

We have different depots that deal with different areas of the country, sometimes sales teams in H/O can change the default depot to something that might have it in stock, problem here is its on the other side of the country and you know can't travel through time and space - Every sales person knows (and it even tells the during the order process) to tell the customer delivery may be a few days later than their confirmation email since we have to get authorisation from a manager to ship it.

We get a call from H/O

Ho: Yeah err I have a customer on the line who was told he was getting delivery today and it hasn't arrived
    me: Oh ok what's the details if you please

I check the order and nope, no one said nothing about delivery from our end

H/O: "Well the customer is expecting it"
    (I'm expecting to win the powerball but lookey here)

What's worse is the sales guy just kept saying the same thing, like literally "Hes expecting it today" no resolution, no ideas to the point I had to ask "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO"

He says he'll deal with it... 20 mins later we get a call, the customer called. I enter the details to see a note has been put on by our H/O that they told the customer to call us...Yeah thanks for that ass-socks now I get to explain the same thing all over again.

I explain to the customer he needed to wait for the auth from a manager before we could ship it out, he asked if he could cancel his order, I said unfortunately not.

Then. Karma. Came.

He paused and said "Can I cancel it with them and take it with you?"

Usually we would say no, but I said "Well if we were to do the order for you we wouldn't need the authorisation" he replied with "I demand you do it"

"Anything to keep the customer happy sir" <- at this point there was no suckyness from his part, he knew that there was a game that needed to be played and he knew that if this was brought to the big wigs he can say he demanded it and I just did what the customer wanted.

So we went ahead and did it, and I pocketed a nice commission (I can now afford a desert at my hotel!!)

Sorry its a long post, internet access is limited and quite expensive, but because I am friends with the desk clerk in this hotel now I have been told I can bring as much booze in to my room as I see fit. I might even offer him some when he finishes.

TOO BOOZE!

Quoth cono1717 View Post
    TOO BOOZE!
    One booze, two booze.
    Red booze, blue booze.
    Where did I leave my shoes?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Have a tequila
        Have two tequila
        Have three tequila
        They're really good.

(to the melody from Hava Nagila)
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Too funny. Glad Customer Two picked up on the clues and played right. Win/Win!

(And have one or three for me.)

Comment

The sales guy that caused all this is going to wonder where his commission went. I bet he will wish that he took care of it and didn't pass the customer off.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
              *shakes her head sadly* One you hit floor the drinking is done :-P
              "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

SO - nah, that just makes it easier to find the bottles that rolled under the bed/couch/table...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

...Sore heads all round.

Thankfully I don't drink Tequila, but I do drink Jacks &/ Fireball Whisky

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
                    *shakes her head sadly* One you hit floor the drinking is done :-P
                    Hey, if you can stand up, you're not drunk.

*falls over*
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X