Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to stop signs, I've seen several idiots on Beechwood Blvd. either crack up, or nearly hit each other. For those of you not familiar with the Blvd., it winds its way through the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh. After you've passed Commercial St., the Blvd. makes a 90-degree bend to the right. There's a side street straight ahead, and another to the left. If you're turning right, you don't have to stop. Traffic coming the other way has to stop.

One night, I nearly saw two idiots hit each other. Seems the car in front of me decided to run the stop sign...at the same time an SUV coming the other way decided to do the same. I don't think I've ever seen that much brake smoke and heard that much tire squeal. They came within *inches* of hitting each other

Seriously, are a few seconds worth landing yourselves in the hospital?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Back to stop signs, I've seen several idiots on Beechwood Blvd. either crack up, or nearly hit each other. For those of you not familiar with the Blvd., it winds its way through the Squirrel Hill section of Pittsburgh. After you've passed Commercial St., the Blvd. makes a 90-degree bend to the right. There's a side street straight ahead, and another to the left. If you're turning right, you don't have to stop. Traffic coming the other way has to stop.

One night, I nearly saw two idiots hit each other. Seems the car in front of me decided to run the stop sign...at the same time an SUV coming the other way decided to do the same. I don't think I've ever seen that much brake smoke and heard that much tire squeal. They came within *inches* of hitting each other

A few weeks back I witnessed an accident out in a rural area where that exact thing happened. It's not like they could use the excuse "I didn't see him" -- the highest obstruction at that particular intersection was about 2 feet, it was right about noon on a cloudless day, etc.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Back to stop signs, I've seen several idiots on Beechwood Blvd. either crack up, or nearly hit each other.

Ha, I know the area, one of my best friends ever moved to a house on Andover Terrace and we wandered around the area a fair amount over a couple of summers

Traffic in Pitt is insane in a number of areas because of all the hills and the 3 rivers fork deal.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X