Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'mma sue over 3 dollars! AND JUICE. (vulgar language by me)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'mma sue over 3 dollars! AND JUICE. (vulgar language by me)

So...earlier in the week I had the most entitled shitbag and I was sooooo tired of it that I really considered quitting. His stupidity was that staggering.

We have complimentary breakfast. It includes waffles, sausages, eggs, breads, fruits, yogurt, cereal

The drinks? Water, coffee, tea, milk, and usualllyyyy juice.

I say usually because we were out of juice. The vendor was a bit behind so we were a bit boned

Mind you. We also have a market full of snacks and overpriced juices and sodas.
    I am not allowed to sell the drinks for anything less than 3 dollars, nor am I allowed to give it for free. PERIOD. I covered a sweet guest with my own money and I still got chewed out (I get it now but yeahhh)

So we had this...er...guy. Not a gentleman. Not in any shape or form.

First he yelled at the awesome breakfast lady. Then came to me demanding that "I look in the back for more juice."

Well, its obviously not there. So what does this lovely sack of shit do? Go to the market and demand it for free. Well, I cannot do that. Sorry, even if it would shut you up, I will NOT get yelled at by S.F.B (An acronym well-known for managers)

So he puts it back. Then comes back in 30 minutes. Paying for it. Then demanding that if he did NOT get a reimbursement from my manager, he would sue our hotel.

Okay you mother-fucking asswipe. The juice was fucking COMPLIMENTARY. And trying to demand it should be there for "EMERGENCIES"? When you yourself do not have one? We have water, teas, milk. If you're allergic to water, guess what cupcake, Juice won't help. I understand its frustrating, but it wasn't even our fault, which YOU SAID ALOUD YOU MORONIC HAIRY SACK OF USELESS CELLS. But you just want to cause trouble. WHY ELSE WOULD YOU TRY TO SCARE MY BY THREATENING TO SUE OVER 3. FUCKING. DOLLARS. AND COMPLIMENTARY JUICE?!

We didn't HAVE to have it. We could have left you water and said "FUCK YOU."
    No. We try to give as much choice as possible but its NOT required. Period. Then upon checkout you tell me I won't see your face again. Well, don't go breaking my heart now. Keep that damned promise.

This song describes my feelings from Sunday-Tuesday at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5A1NVcCcw
    Last edited by EricKei; 08-10-2013, 12:59 AM. Reason: edits will be back soon ;)

OMG, the world is ending!!! They dont have my precious OJ!!!!

What a fucking douchenut.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Let's have no mistake on this. The guy was an absolute douche. No questions of it. Completely wrong.

But the "complimentary" breakfast is not complimentary. You pay for it; it is built into the cost of your room.

The way to handle it is to complain nicely to the manager. If he won't/can't help you, then you write corporate. Since they cave on most things, they'd probably give a credit towards a future room.

But you do NOT take it out on the poor schlub who's just trying to make a living.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Some people go absolutely insane over freebies.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Let's have no mistake on this. The guy was an absolute douche. No questions of it. Completely wrong.

But the "complimentary" breakfast is not complimentary. You pay for it; it is built into the cost of your room.

The way to handle it is to complain nicely to the manager. If he won't/can't help you, then you write corporate. Since they cave on most things, they'd probably give a credit towards a future room.

But you do NOT take it out on the poor schlub who's just trying to make a living.
          Well, that's true. But we don't HAVE to have juice, either way. If the company or place wanted to change the rules on the drinks available or as long as we have SOMETHING outs...its doable.

Mind you we had oranges. And cups. And ice. Want free OJ? xD

But I warned the managers. They scoffed.

This is the only guest I have ever been rude to, and I couldn't help it. It was absurd, that I repeated him allowed in front of other guests. "So correct me if I am wrong, you intend to sue us over three dollars and juice, sir?"

And scoffed when he confirmed it.
          The nerve.

He was on my nerves alllll week.

Comment

I think my mind just imploded O.O

I'm surprise the guy didn't demand you make fresh squeeze OJ from the oranges.

Comment

"Sue us over three dollars? Here's my number... I wanna be there when your lawyer laughs in your face..."

Comment

Quoth Fudgethatkay View Post
                Well, that's true. But we don't HAVE to have juice, either way. If the company or place wanted to change the rules on the drinks available or as long as we have SOMETHING outs...its doable.
                Yep. Another example would be when breakfast closes. Just because you serve cereal and milk at breakfast, that doesn't mean it's available to all guests 24/7. I'd occasionally have annoyed customers because our milk and juice machine would be locked after 10am. A customer would dig through the cabinets and find cereal at 11pm and then get upset because he couldn't get milk for his raisin bran. Um...try again at 5am please.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                  Yep. Another example would be when breakfast closes. Just because you serve cereal and milk at breakfast, that doesn't mean it's available to all guests 24/7. I'd occasionally have annoyed customers because our milk and juice machine would be locked after 10am. A customer would dig through the cabinets and find cereal at 11pm and then get upset because he couldn't get milk for his raisin bran. Um...try again at 5am please.
                  We get guests asking for stuff after breaky hours all the time. Now, while I am a very accomodating desk staff and will let someone steal a banana or some cereal (both of those stay out and don't get put away) I will not turn on the waffle maker at 10pm. Or let someone "borrow" a litre of milk.
                  We also get a lot of people wanting fresh coffee any time. Whats so hard about making coffee in the room??

Comment

Quoth Skittles88 View Post
                    We also get a lot of people wanting fresh coffee any time. Whats so hard about making coffee in the room??
                    LOL very true. Folks would get upset because *shock* there wasn't fresh coffee at all hours of the day and night. If you tell me, I'll be happy to brew a fresh pot, but please don't get all huffy about it. Same goes for juice and milk. If I wasn't busy, I could get some for them even though it wasn't breakfast-time. But if they immediately copped an attitude before I had a chance to respond to their request, my answer would always be NO.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      Some people go absolutely insane over freebies.
                      God, yes. It's ridiculous. I've seen people make a bigger fuss over a free thing they couldn't have than over a paid thing that was messed up.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

people bitch about coffee constantly

but the thing is...its not only in the room

its out in the lobby. 24/7

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          But if they immediately copped an attitude before I had a chance to respond to their request, my answer would always be NO.
                          Wait you mean being polite to people means they are more willing to help you out? Shocking.
                          How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                          X