Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little story that I still carry the scars from.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little story that I still carry the scars from.

I am riding my bike home when this happened, only about 16 at the time but the scar is still there after 16 years.

I was biking down a hill and went to turn right onto the alley, a shortcut to get home and no one normally drove down this alley. I was going at a fair clip and turned the corner to see a car barreling up the alley at top speed. My life flashed before my eyes but thankfully I managed to swerve to the side (thank goodness for good reflexes) and the only part of me that touched the car was my left hand hitting his side mirror. I did hit the mirror hard enough to indent the ring on my pinky in a way that it ended up being heart shaped. The mirror was undamaged and the driver took off. I got home with a bloody finger and actually had to use side cutter pliers to cut the ring off my finger. I have an inch long scar on my pinky where I had to dig the cutters into my skin to get under the ring to cut it. If I hadnt been in so much shock, I would have got the guy's license plate but I was merely worried about getting home at that point.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Reminds me of an accident I had when I was a kid...

I was about 14, riding my bike to work. I was just coming down a long hill (although not going top speed as I needed to stop so I could cross over the road to take a left fork) and out of nowhere this old fart in a giant station wagon comes along next to me, edging closer and closer. I only caught a glance of the guy as I was trying to make sure I didn't get squished between his OldFartMobile and the goddam curb.

Guy never once looked in my direction. Totally oblivious.

I pretty much had to dump my bike onto the sidewalk and scratched the crap out of my right leg and arm. My leg still has a little scar tissue from hitting the sidewalk.

Of course, I was in shock and freaked out so I didn't get the license plate number. I doubt it would have helped anyway.

From that day on I rode on the sidewalk on that particular stretch of road, just in case.

Comment

Working...
    X