Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, you're right. We're not a 5 star hotel.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you're right. We're not a 5 star hotel.

But for some reason, because we have a big brand name a lot of people assume we have indoor corridors. And are better than we really are (tho give is credit where we are due: we are a 3/12 star motel with an excellence in housekeeping award.)

Some people take the room anyway, some don't (and we let them go) but never have I been asked to give a discount because we are not a hotel. Well, not until tonight that is.

The lady in question is in house ask I type this.
    First she phones the desk saying her coffee maker isn't working, and to bring her up some toiletries. Sure, since I have to come up anyway.
    The coffee maker's plug-in is wet, and the outlet has stopped working. I hold the reset button and the outlet starts working again, but the coffee maker is borked. So, I take the coffee maker and bring her a kettle (all she wanted was hot water anyway, which she made clear by whining at me that she was SO THIRSTY.)
    (Side note: the coffee maker worked fine later when I dried it out.)

Not even 5 minutes after I return to the desk, she phones again, this time saying the lights have gone out. "All I was doing was blowdrying my hair!"
    Which was BS; I knew she had the kettle going and the bathroom fan on, while using the blowdryer. Our breakers can not handle this. I'm thinking at this point that she's used to staying in buildings that are a lot newer than ours with a far better electric setup.
    I fix the breaker, and then phone her to confirm the lights are back on. She then asks why this has happened. I try and explain in the nicest way that it might be because too many things are plugged in/turned on at once, buy she reverts back to "I only had the hairdryer going!!" Fine, believe what you want.
    2 minutes later... Yup guess who's calling. She blew the breaker again.
    Now not only does she want it fixed, but she wants a discount because of the inconvenience. I politely say that I have been able to fix every problem she's had. Then, she says she is not happy because we are a motel and she thought we were a hotel.
    Not anywhere ever, even on 3rd party websites are we advertised as being a hotel. We are an Inn, which means we provide basic amenities like a breakfast and a pool/hottub. Hell our pictures on every website CLEARLY show the rooms being accesible from the outside. I told her I could not discount for that, at all, as we do not falsly advertise ourselves.

Bonus: Sir you're a terrible liar

As I was walking to this ladies room the first time, I passed by a guest outside his room having a smoke. Well.. Thought it was a smoke until I passed him.

Me: *smiles* hi!
    Guest: Oh hey, just having a smoke!
    Me: Oh good idea I should go for one too when I get a chance!
    *I pass him, and catch a whiff of what he's smoking*
    Me: Uh sir, is that you?
    Guest: No! I'm having a cigarette! *tries to hide his "cig" over the railing*
    Me: *awesome desk clerk stare*
    Guest: Uhh.. *gives me a sheepish smile*
    Me: Can I just ask you to go out back? I just don't want anyone complaining *big smile*
    Guest, obviously thinking he avoided something big: Oh sure!! Haha thanks!!

I honestly don't care what people do, as long as they don't disturb others. If someone complains, then I get involved, and THEN I care. Lol

"Oh hey. Just having a smoke!"

No nimrod. Does the phrase "The guilty flee where no one pursueth" mean nothing to you. Don't volunteer.

Same scenario with me in my heyday:
    *Skittles passes me, and catches a whiff of what I'm smoking*
    Skittles: Uh sir, is that you?
    Me: (Sniffing air suspiciously) "Whew! Someone's having a good time. Have a great evening" (Turn and wander someplace a little more inconspicuous, 'cause, you know, the desk clerk isn't a moron...)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      "Oh hey. Just having a smoke!"

No nimrod. Does the phrase "The guilty flee where no one pursueth" mean nothing to you. Don't volunteer.

Same scenario with me in my heyday:
      *Skittles passes me, and catches a whiff of what I'm smoking*
      Skittles: Uh sir, is that you?
      Me: (Sniffing air suspiciously) "Whew! Someone's having a good time. Have a great evening" (Turn and wander someplace a little more inconspicuous, 'cause, you know, the desk clerk isn't a moron...)
      And if he was smoking what I think it was, you definitely don't want to be around it - it can get into your clothing, skin and hair and if you were to be drug tested, it'd come up positive even though you didn't smoke any of it.

That dude is just asking to get busted IMHO.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        And if he was smoking what I think it was, you definitely don't want to be around it - it can get into your clothing, skin and hair and if you were to be drug tested, it'd come up positive even though you didn't smoke any of it.

That dude is just asking to get busted IMHO.
        1) It's basically decriminalized here, so unless he's growing or selling the cops won't do anything.
        2) We don't get drug tested here. If my GM suspects drug activity from a staff member, he can just fire them. But he wouldn't fire anyone unless they showed up high for work.
        3) I honestly have no problem with people who want to smoke it as long as they take it off the property. Standing right outside the door is a stupid idea, tho at least he wasn't smoking it in his room :P

He was dumb for trying to lie his way out; that smell os super obvious. And his was extra stinky.

Comment

I remember working late on night on Small Weekly Paper, and I was in the editor's office for some reason (editor was gone for the night). The office had a window which was open to let in the nice spring breeze ... and what some of the press guys were smoking on their break. IIRC, we went out and advised them that they might want to move AWAY FROM THE BUILDING. Like ... waaaayyyy off into the open field on that side of the building, mkay?

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
            And it's whole hell of a lot of fun if you're allergic to it.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

And it's whole hell of a lot of fun if you're allergic to it.
              The migraines are best... :/

Comment

There are more people on the board allergic to it than just me? I thought I was just very unlucky.

Comment

Quoth Skittles88 View Post
                  1) It's basically decriminalized here, so unless he's growing or selling the cops won't do anything.
                  2) We don't get drug tested here. If my GM suspects drug activity from a staff member, he can just fire them. But he wouldn't fire anyone unless they showed up high for work.
                  Not to mention that it's not the THC that the tests look for, it's the THC Metabolites. And for the light smoker (someone who smokes a joint once in awhile or takes the odd hit from a pipe) this clears out of the system in 3-4 days.

Passing through the and getting a whiff of mostly second hand smoke isn't going to trip a test after 12 hours if it trips it at all.

I know because I've seen many people try that as an excuse as to why they tested positive. The lab folks explain that were that the case...it would have had to have been a lot of second hand smoke and the person would have had to breathe deeply while walking through it.
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                    There are more people on the board allergic to it than just me? I thought I was just very unlucky.
                    Have you seen my threads of unlucky-ness?

My big bro the cop thought it was fantastic when we found out. Course he indirectly caused my first reaction too...just thinking about it is making me itch. What's bad is with no sense of smell I don't know I'm around it till the migraine has hit in.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                      Not to mention that it's not the THC that the tests look for, it's the THC Metabolites. And for the light smoker (someone who smokes a joint once in awhile or takes the odd hit from a pipe) this clears out of the system in 3-4 days.

Passing through the and getting a whiff of mostly second hand smoke isn't going to trip a test after 12 hours if it trips it at all.

I know because I've seen many people try that as an excuse as to why they tested positive. The lab folks explain that were that the case...it would have had to have been a lot of second hand smoke and the person would have had to breathe deeply while walking through it.
                      We have people smoking outside the station often - I didn't think trains were that scary, but apparently a lot of people need to be high or drunk before they can ride on one...

I had a random drug test the other week, and passed with flying colours; doesn't matter how much gets in your clothes or hair, if it's not in your pee then apparently it's fine.
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                      X