This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh? Security fail!

I've had a credit card hit for fraudulent transactions... so of course it has to be reissued.

The first card has to be activated on receipt and I had to prove I was the person who ordered the card.

This one, which the fraudsters would likely know is on its way... doesn't.

So if it had been intercepted then the details are in the fraudsters hands and active straight away.

Well... that doesn't feel very secure!
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

What did they do, send you another card with the same number?
    Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Nope. New number on the card but literally anyone could have picked it up from my post and used it. I would say that you have at least got 'verfied by visa' type security but then I've seen my boss reset those so many times so easily anyway..
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

What did they ask you to verify when you called to activate the card?
        Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

This time(with the reissued after fraud card).. absolutely nothing. Yeah, I got past security but when I said I was calling to activate it they said it didn't have to be - it was sent out active.

The last time I *did* have to pass security and I have no problem with it. but that was the card that did get frauded.

Comment

I had something similar to this due to a "business card" from *ahem* CashFriend ~_~

My card was around expiration time, so they automagically sent a new card to my OLD address, even tho I had moved out 4 months prior, updated my addy with the USPS, and updated my addy on their site. However, because I had not quote-unquote "verified" my new address on their website in addition to the above (no need, as the business no longer existed), they sent the card to the old address anyway. Fortunately, it was NOT pre-activated, but that could have been close...especially because part of the reason I left my old place had to to with a roomie's ethics and/or relative sanity -- or rather, lack thereof.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X