This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosy SC Assuming What Other Customer Wants

At my place, there's this 60+ years old lady that comes every week to buy a big box of restaurant supplies. The restaurant is half a block down the street so she would always just walk here. Naturally, I offered to help her move the box of stuff since it is close by anyways. However, she's one of those "independent" type senior that would get mad make a big fuss about "kids" coddling her and would always shoo me away and carry the box out herself.

After a dozen times of trying, I pretty much gave up and just let her do her thing.

Similar, I have an older co-worker that acts the same way...refusing to let me help carrying stuff out from the warehouse.

Several times, this nosy SC came in and ends up waiting behind the senior lady, or need something from the back and my co-worker went to get the stuff while I kept doing my paperwork.

So this SCs with nothing better to do decided to go to my boss (when I'm not there) and rant about this horrible insensitive guy that would "force" old ladies to carry stuff and "shove" all the hard work to the old guy while sitting there doing easy paperwork.

It took my boss forever to explain everything. Apparently this SC don't seem to get get that different people might be different.

As if I don't get enough SCs already, now I have to deal with nosy customers making issues out of non-issues that doesn't even affect them!

Maybe it was my customer from this post.

Comment

Nice.

Glad you've got a boss that has a clue, Will. And those seniors are doing themselves a big favor - they'll stay a lot more active a lot longer if they don't rely on others when they don't have to.

And welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
      X