This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie virius! Help!

Last year, I (stupidly) managed to get something called Incredibar infecting my computer. Every time you open a new tab, this POS pops up and tries to supplant your search engine of choice, and probably does other nasty things, but once it cropped up, I killed it.

Or so I thought.

I moved into my new apartment, and my computer threw a fit (didn't want to communicate with the monitor, vomited out the external hard drive, shit like that) and my computer did a disc scan. Well, I pop open all my antivirus programs and Chrome, and ITS BACK!!! I can't find the files on Chrome, they aren't in the uninstall files thingy, and it won't go away

Please help. I'm still waiting on the antivirus programs to finish (SUPER antispyware, Avast! Antivirus, and Malwarebytes, if anyone cares.)

Tell me what you need to help me. Please. I love you all.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

This seems to be a pretty good step-by-step Parrot. Looks like MWB will find but not remove it.

Comment

That's what I did last time. I can't do it this time because my computer thinks it's not there.

Comment

Security Tango
        Failing that, backup your data to dvd/external storage.
        If your computer has a restore partition, restore to factory fresh operating system, or if you have the install media AND serial for your operating system format and reinstall.
        If you have to start fresh, write down what programs that you have to reistall, and the details of your hardware etc that you will have to download drivers for if you dont have the driver disks.
        Do all the usual updates, install antivirus and update, and virus scan your saved data before putting it back on your computer.

Comment

I uninstalled and re-installed Chrome. I looks like that killed it.

Comment

Working...
          X