This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's one way to NEVER solve your problem

As a sub trade, most of our customers are contractors. Most contractors live and die by their cell phones. This one however.....

One of our crews was going to work at two jobs over Thursday and Friday quite near each other, including one for Mr Never McAnswerthephone. I left him a message wed night to let him know they were coming, and to please have the house ready. He never responded. They showed up Thursday morning, it wasn't ready, they let me know and moved onto the next job. I left two messages on his cell, texted him, and left a message in his office detailing the problems, asking him to call me back and never heard from him. The guys showed up Friday morning, the job wasn't ready. I tried calling and texting again, they tried calling, and they drive around his subdivision looking for his truck and couldn't find him. They left again.

I just got a call from Mr N McA, where he yelled at me for not doing the job, threatened to fire the company, and called my guys liars (they sent me pics - love smart phones - and the job wasn't ready). When I started explaining how we could fix this, he hung up on me!

I can get the guys there today. If the job will be ready.i need to confirm that it will with Mr McA, before my boss will let me pull that trigger again. I'm at a job site two hours away and can't leave or my job won't get done. Guess who's not answering his phone, texts, or messages from his office.

Cough..cough..douchebag..cough!!!
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Be sure to charge him for his two no-shows thus far -- that's time wasted that could have been used making money for your company.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wonder what his motive is? I mean, does he need this done but doesn't want to do the prep or what? In any case, yep, douchebag.

Comment

I would totally charge him for the house not being ready (our usual 'roll-out fee' for this particular truck is $650) but my boss is not near as much of a hard ass as I am, and won't.

After posting yesterday my boss said he would deal with it, so I could focus on my job for the day. He got hung up on twice, then his calls stopped being answered. So my boss drove down there. Bossman watched Mr McA call his secretary 'love' and 'honey', slap her ass while she giggled, and told her to 'go make us coffe, woman'. He told my boss I'm a bossy, stuck up, hard ass bitch, and that I'm a huge liar.

This morning my boss told me all this, suggested the contractor may have a problem with women (you think?) and that he was giving the account to a guy. If that doesn't help with situations like this (this guy has been a problem child of mine for months) I'm getting the account back at Christmas. I'm just glad to be rid of it!

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
          suggested the contractor may have a problem with women (you think?)

My wife gets this all the time. She runs a hardware oriented store in a rural area and you would think that it was 1950 sometimes.

In any case, sounds like (from boss getting hangups and noanswers) that this might not be the guy's only problem, so you're well rid of him.

Comment

If switching the account to a guy doesn't change things, boss needs to take a long hard look at what SC is costing the business vs how much he brings in. Your and boss's time is worth something too, not to mention the roll-out cost where SC wasn't ready twice now. Some business simply isn't worth it.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

My wife gets this all the time. She runs a hardware oriented store in a rural area and you would think that it was 1950 sometimes.
              I've been pleasantly surprised, in over a decade working construction I've only had one coworker and two contractors that have been openly hostile to me based on gender. I have met with skepticism of my ability, patronizing acceptance and unnessary concern, all of which gets a little annoying, but as far as anti-woman hostility goes I've probably had more working at Tim hortons.

Comment

After posting yesterday my boss said he would deal with it, so I could focus on my job for the day. He got hung up on twice, then his calls stopped being answered. So my boss drove down there. Bossman watched Mr McA call his secretary 'love' and 'honey', slap her ass while she giggled, and told her to 'go make us coffe, woman'. He told my boss I'm a bossy, stuck up, hard ass bitch, and that I'm a huge liar.
                If I was your boss, I would charge him for the no shows AND fire him as a customer for being a lousy excuse for a human being.
                "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I've been pleasantly surprised,
                  Cool!

as far as anti-woman hostility goes I've probably had more working at Tim hortons.
                  lol, what? 'cause coffee and doughnuts are men's work?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    lol, what? 'cause coffee and doughnuts are men's work?
                    Nothing manlier than a half caff soy caramel macchiato(sp?) and a cinnamon bun. Obviously.

Comment

He told my boss I'm a bossy, stuck up, hard ass bitch, and that I'm a huge liar.
                      Sounds more like he's talking about himself. And his childish, sexist nonsense keeps putting his project further and further behind. What a stupid asshole. I hope he doesn't give you any more crap.
                      Quoth sms001 View Post
                      It happens the other way around, too. My male coworkers at the fabric store have run into a lot of sexism against them from female customers. One coworker told me that sometimes at the cutting counter, he'd call a number, see a female customer pointedly walk away, then when a female coworker called the next customer, the first customer would walk up to her and insist that her number had been skipped. They do this because they don't want a maaaaan cutting their precious fabric!

I've seen such nonsense happen with my own eyes. Another male coworker who's been at the store longer than I have, knows a great deal about our merchandise and has made more than a few things himself, offered to assist a female customer. The SC pointedly ignored him, walked over to me and sweetly asked my help about making drapes. I pretended that I knew nothing about it and redirected her to the coworker; she had to accept his help!

tldr: Sexism is stupid and hurtful, no matter which way it's directed. Welcome to the 21st century, Sucky Sexist Customers!
                      Last edited by XCashier; 08-15-2013, 03:56 AM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Silly me, I thought it was one's brain doing the work of understanding how to do things and controlling everything.

If only I'd knew that it wasn't my brain that I was using to mend my pants/measure wood dowels/whatever else....
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                        X