This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first big SC

...and we aren't even open yet! I really hope I don't have to check this one in.

Bit of background: we do not hard block rooms. A "hard block" is where we assign a specific room number to a reservation vs. a "soft block" where only the room type is assigned. For some large groups that want to stay together Group Sales may hard block in that case, but we won't do it for individual guests. It just mucks things up. Just trust me on that. No hard blocks; that is something the bosses are very firm on. It's almost impossible to do anyway, since with our soft opening we only have about 50 rooms we actually have ready to rent (out of 200) and the bookings are filling those up.

Reservations took a call from a guest who promptly stated "I don't do reservations agents. Get me a manager."

So Corporate Boss Lady, who is still with us to open the resort, took the call.

SC: "I need to book [specific room number]."
    BL: "I can put in a request, but we don't pre-assign room numbers."
    SC: "You better put me in that room. I've been in that room the past three years. The other owners did it for me. I'm handicapped."
    BL: "Oh, is that an ADA room?"
    SC: "No, but I need that room."
    BL: "Well, what specifically about that room is so special?"
    SC: "It has two queen beds and is near the elevator."

BL then segues into her spiel about our all-new beds and other amenities, and feels like she has SC eating out of her hand.

BL: "Okay, so you need a room with two queen beds near an elevator?"
    SC: "I need [specific room number]. Don't disappoint me." *click*

So BL is fuming. She really doesn't want to give SC that room now. She told us all in our first front desk "bootcamp" meeting about SC. When we went on our property tour, we decided to see if that room was even ready to be rented.

It was...and was occupied by one of the staff who was brought-in from out of town, and will not be leaving until after SC is set to arrive. BL was pleased at this and may have let out a bit of a cackle.

I think I'm going to like BL and the rest of management.

Bonus tidbit

The front desk will be allowed to select one guest to receive a "random act of kindness" each day, whether it be an upgrade or a basket of cookies or whatever. This will be determined based on the nice guests who we feel deserve it. As BL said, "We want to reward guests for good behavior and not be enablers of bad behavior."

I'm really going to love working here.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

What-what-WHAAAT?! A Corporate Boss Lady who doesn't cater to the Sucktomer's every whim?!

GET ME A CLONING TUBE, STAT!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      occupied by one of the staff ...and will not be leaving until after SC is set to arrive.
      [Nelson voice]

Ha ha!

The front desk will be allowed to select one guest to receive a "random act of kindness"
      What a great idea. Those will be fun, I bet.

Comment

I love that bonus tidbit.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I love that idea.

And I second the motion to clone that BL . . . we need more like her in all CS-related industries.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Chive on??

Comment

You must update once SC has come to find the desired room taken.

Comment

I agree with bankworking; PLEASE update when SC calls back. I'd love to know how this plays out.

Comment

Indeed! Let us know how this turns out!

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Any chance of catching the whole thing on video for "training purposes"

Comment

BL: "Okay, so you need a room with two queen beds near an elevator?"
                      SC: "I need [specific room number]. Don't disappoint me." *click*
                      Who is the SC? Darth Vader? Alan Rickman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J608SdBT3ZI

Comment

There is a very evil part of me that wants to change the room numbers around on that floor, just to put the one she wanted in the worst area possible for her desires. After all, she was more adamant about the room number than what she required.

Unfortunately, that's a nightmare of a job to pull off.. but maybe changing out the kinds of beds in that room?
                        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I will post an update once she checks in. It won't be for a few more days, but it looks like I will be working swing shift that day.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
                            You must update once SC has come to find the desired room taken.

Totally agreeing with this sentiment.

The good-customer stories will be heart-warming too!!
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

The front desk will be allowed to select one guest to receive a "random act of kindness" each day, whether it be an upgrade or a basket of cookies or whatever. This will be determined based on the nice guests who we feel deserve it. As BL said, "We want to reward guests for good behavior and not be enablers of bad behavior."
                              This is the hotel version of the comp tab so many bartenders are allowed to have to buy drinks for guests they feel are worthy of such.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X