X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You HAVE to" and "RIGHT NOWWW"

...2 phrases I really really dislike.

Woman comes over, doesn't like her bill. I check it over, everything is a ok. She complains that she did not know about the rate changing. I pull out her reg card, which clearly says, "RATE CHANGE". She's intialed it, saying that she's acknowledged it, and signed on the bottom, saying that she agreed to pay it. She says, "But! But! It wasn't explained to Meeeeeee" and I say, "You sign things you don't read?" But she gets quite the attitude, saying that I HAVE to change it, and I HAVE to do it now, or she'll miss her flight. "Look, I'll pull up my reservation right now," she screamed, "And I'll show you the rates I got."
    She takes a looooong time pulling it up on her laptop, and I can't see it, but I do see the horrified realization on her face. She refuses to let me see, saying she couldn't find it. B U L L S H I T Then she tries a different tactic. She asks what the rates were for last night.
    "$103." I said.
    "On MYYY bill, it says I got charged for $150 last night!" she says triumphantly. "See? SEE? You're ripping me off."
    I tell her the sales manager probably lowered the rates yesterday, and ANYWAY it DOESN'T matter because she agreed to pay whatever rate she got when she clicked I agree to terms and service on the computer AND when she came in and signed and intialed the rate change. She sputters, rambles, blabs, curses, threatens, shakes her finger 2 in from my face. Everyone's gawking at us. In the end, the rate got changed to her liking, just to get her silly face out of mine, but she got flagged as a scam fraud to corp. Ha.

Well I thought that biotch was bad, but then I heard from my coworker about this guest that got thrown out during the weekend. I wasn't here, thank God, but I heard about it. This guest had been troublesome from the start, giving my dayshift coworker grief from the start. First he wanted a glass to drink his whiskey. (Note: our hotel doesn't have a bar or restaurant.) When my CW told him that we don't have any, he wanted us to go an d BUY one for him. "The hotel down the corner always does it for meeee" he said. Then in the night he said the halls were too hot and he wanted it fixed RIGHT NOW. The engineer had already gone, but he wanted it fixed RIGHT NOWWW. Then he came down and started yelling at my poor CW, while his wife (really, how do these people get married?) made a mess in the lobby. So the GM was called and he started being a total a$$hole to him, telling him he needed to get his butt there and fix the hall. The GM said, "Well, you've got 2 choices, either you pack and leave or I'll pack for you." So basically he was thrown out.
    He didn't leave quietly, oh no. While the police were being called, he ran around with his wife like Bonnie and Clyde, telling the other guests that he was being thrown out because we didn't keep our promises. Um? Ok....The funny thing was that he even told Homeless Schizo Man from the street, who had come over to panhandle, and he turned around and left. What a cuckoo.
    So yeah, that'll make me want to work the weekend shift, a quarter to never.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

For the second couple, could you take out your cellphone, record video of them and laugh out loud while recording?

Comment

So.... just how much room does one spend in a hotel hallway? What, maybe 3-5 minutes for each trip to an air conditioned room? If the fixtures aren't melting off the doors who cares what temp it is in the hallway? At least he became someone else's problem .
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
      X