X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a SIMPLE QUESTION

Client: This isn't working
    Me: Strange, it's working for me. Could you please describe step by step how you're performing this task?
    Client: It's working now, but it didn't last Friday. Please look through ALL THE TASKS ON THE SYSTEM for the ones I did (we're talking looking for a couple dozen tasks out of THOUSANDS).
    Me: I'm afraid that with the large number of tasks on the system, I do not have the time go through all of them in detail. Again, please describe STEP BY STEP how you're performing this task.

Fucking really? I asked you to describe step by step how you're doing this, and you...ignore a reasonable request.

This particular twit always does this. ALWAYS. I ask for more detail, I ask clarifying questions and I get absolutely nothing useful in response. A kindergartener can answer clarifying questions with no problem, why can't you?
    The report button - not just for decoration

Quoth iradney View Post
    This particular twit always does this. ALWAYS. I ask for more detail, I ask clarifying questions and I get absolutely nothing useful in response. A kindergartener can answer clarifying questions with no problem, why can't you?
    He does this cause he doesn't know what he did to not make it work. He did something, he wasn't concentrating and it was wrong and it did not work and now he thinks it is your problem to fix.

He most likely has the memory of a goldfish and the attention span of a gnat. THAT'S what is wrong.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that this twit just didn't press the "save" button. There's dozens of other people that work on the same system, doing the same kinds of tasks, and they don't have any issues whatsoever.
      I just get annoyed when I have to deal with intelligent people that are too lazy to actually think...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Scare him with, "it is a simple set of steps. YOUR SUPERVISOR AND I will explain it to you shortly..."

Comment

Translation: I did something wrong because I don't know how to use this properly, but I don't want to be bothered learning the right way because it's too haaaaaard and you're meaaaaan to me when I ask you the same question 20,000 times.

Seen it before.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X