This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop quiz time...

you walk into your favorite convenience-type store on a hot august day intent on some refreshment. you walk up to the self-service dual sided slushie dispensing machine, and see cups covering both handles. do you...:

a. ask what's wrong with the slushie machine, and find out it's been recently refilled and you can have a slushie in about 10 minutes.

b. shrug and go grab a soda from the cooler instead.

or

c. grab the handles, cups and all, and proceed to attempt to dispense yourself a slushie, spewing sticky brightly colored flavored sugar water that stains everything it touches everywhere except in your cup... because the nozzles aren't designed to handle liquid, they're designed to handle slush... so it sprays.

if you answered "C"... congrats, you were SEVERAL of the lovely guests i had this last weekend. i finally had to write "NOT IN SERVICE" in big block letters on the cups to get people to leave my dang slushie machine alone to freeze!

When I go to get a frozen-style sweet drink at my local convenience store, I try to make note of such things as red lights indicating certain flavors are not ready to be served. Heck, I'll even ask the employees if I'm unsure if something isn't working. That someone wouldn't at least ask why there were cups on the handles....well, that's just sad...

Comment

I feel your pain. We get that every time we have a pump out of service. We can put "Do not use" signs on the pump, cones blocking it off and bright red and white tape all around... and some idiot SC will still try and use it!
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

You could have a 10 foot high OUT OF ORDER sign in flashing neon,a banner flying from the rooftop and a symphony band parading across the forecourt playing THIS PUMP DOES NOT WORK and someone would still try and use it...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
          You could have a 10 foot high OUT OF ORDER sign in flashing neon,a banner flying from the rooftop and a symphony band parading across the forecourt playing THIS PUMP DOES NOT WORK and someone would still try and use it...
          Lol, we once had a pump completely totalled after a customer had driven into it. It was basically held together with yellow and black tape and we kept having to add new tape cuz we were petrified it was going to topple over in the breeze. And guess what? Several customers still tried to use it, despite the hoses being all split and the pump held together with tape. And some even came in to say "This pump won't work!" Well, DUH.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Some people have trouble understanding that reality is what happens outside of their own head.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
              I suggest businesses start hiring professional wrestlers in full costume to suplex these people. Entertaining AND effective!

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post

if you answered "C"... congrats, you were SEVERAL of the lovely guests i had this last weekend. i finally had to write "NOT IN SERVICE" in big block letters on the cups to get people to leave my dang slushie machine alone to freeze!
                my local 7-11 had that problem. my friend who work part time tell me he just put the sign(out of order)after he changes them for a good 2hrs or more if he forgets lol.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                  I suggest businesses start hiring professional wrestlers in full costume to suplex these people. Entertaining AND effective!
                  I'd recommend getting Mexican wrestlers, with the whole flashy Luchador mask and costume set up. Set up a camera and sell the recordings as a reality TV show. Finally, reality TV worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                  X