Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Devil's Wife Came into my Soap Store...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
    I wonder if they had a site like CS back, say, 50 years ago --- would the clerks have the same types of stories???
    That's a very interesting thought. Somehow I don't think so.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
      I wonder if they had a site like CS back, say, 50 years ago --- would the clerks have the same types of stories???
      Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      Maybe. Jerks and bullies have always been around. But I'd think if someone acted like that out in public back then, someone else would've had the guts to scold them (or punch them out, if needed), instead of just standing around like "am I actually seeing this?!" Society wasn't so lawsuit-happy back then, and if you acted like an ass, you got yours handed to you.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Maybe. Jerks and bullies have always been around. But I'd think if someone acted like that out in public back then, someone else would've had the guts to scold them (or punch them out, if needed), instead of just standing around like "am I actually seeing this?!" Society wasn't so lawsuit-happy back then, and if you acted like an ass, you got yours handed to you.
        Bolded for emphasis.

There was much more of a 'in polite society we don't (insert nasty behavior here)' way to life.

I also don't think shop keepers and corporations would have tolerated such abuse back then. Profits have always been important, but the 'profit at any cost' mentality of the current age has really gotten out of hand.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

My father worked in a grocery store almost 50 years ago. My mother in law worked as a waitress at a resort a little more than 50 years ago. Both had plenty of SCs and absolutely no place to vent about them.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            From the original post:
            She completely ignored me and actually SHOVED me to the side with her elbow, then hit into me with her stroller so hard that I had to grab the till counter to keep from falling over-

(Sorry don't know how to include 2 quotes in one post)
            Next to the quote button, there's one with quotation marks that has a little plus sign next to it. If you hit that button for each quote, then hit post reply at the bottom, you can respond there.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
              From the original post:
              She completely ignored me and actually SHOVED me to the side with her elbow, then hit into me with her stroller so hard that I had to grab the till counter to keep from falling over-

(Sorry don't know how to include 2 quotes in one post)
              Ah! Got it. Thanks. Yeah . . . I agree with the consensus; this woman is lucky she didn't leave the store with a bright, shiny new set of silver handcuffs.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                Report it to the GM. The manager deserves to be fired.
                THIS! If she was perfectly fine with letting that happen to you then her ass needs to be shown the door, I would've punched that bitch the hell out!
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  Next to the quote button, there's one with quotation marks that has a little plus sign next to it. If you hit that button for each quote, then hit post reply at the bottom, you can respond there.
                  Perfect, thank you from a complete technidiot, who is slowly learning.

NC
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    There's always someone as horny as you are bitchy.
                    Note that in virtually all depictions, the devil is shown as having horns. Given the thread's title, someone horny was involved.

I'd say that the SC was the devil's live-in girlfriend, not his wife. After all, you'd expect the devil to be "living in sin".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      I'm inclined to agree with that. From what I heard from my Mom (who worked for various retail and drug stores back in the late 60's/early 70's) people didn't act as crass and rude and obnoxious as they do now.

I'd hate to see what the human race will be like in another 50 years.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'd hate to see what the human race will be like in another 50 years.
                        Probably extinct....
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Jeeze. What a crazy lady! Though lady seems like too nice of a sentiment for her. I was waiting for her head to spin around, and for pea soup to come flying out of her mouth!

Comment

Working...
                          X