This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chips on a stick.

Seriously...I went to the local agricultural show yesterday and among the overpriced crap, they had the food known as "chips on a stick" which looked like potato slices deep fried and on a stick.

ETA: this is what I'm referring to:

Last edited by fireheart; 09-07-2013, 09:43 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Well, all day I was craving pumpkin butter, so after work I stopped at the store. It was good.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

(Look at thread title)

(Look at poster)

(Kernel Panic!)

(Invoke Browser on old PC that can be killed with fire after reading)

Nutmeg cake, banana bead & buttermilk pie.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm craving some soup. Not sure if it's because I've been feeling so crappy the past couple-a weeks or not.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Cauliflower, cumin soup. Basically exactly what it sounds like. I'll be making it tomorrow.

Comment

I've been craving pizza and/or lasagna from a certain somewhat overpriced restaurant downtown. I'm forcing myself to wait until my parents go away in a few weeks because they will leave me money for cat-sitting.

Quoth Kittish View Post
              Dark chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and coffee.
              I have a recipe for chocolate-espresso cupcakes...

Quoth fireheart View Post
              Chips on a stick.
              Saw those at the county fair(s) I went to a few weeks ago. (Two different counties but the fairs are probably done by the same people. At the second one I had chocolate drizzled cheesecake on a stick. )
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-08-2013, 01:00 AM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been craving pizza and/or lasagna from a certain somewhat overpriced restaurant downtown.
                I want lasagna...

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                  I want lasagna...
                  They make really good lasagna

And the best thin-crust pizza in town.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I have a recipe for chocolate-espresso cupcakes...
                    please share!! *drools*
                    Last edited by Dave1982; 09-14-2013, 12:09 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
                    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                      please share!! *drools*
                      Well, if you insist...

Recipe from Fitness Magazine (though I couldn't find it on their website; I got it in a "please come back and subscribe again" mailer, so hopefully I copied it all correctly . Also, I have never made them so I can't vouch for whether they are any good.)

Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes

Makes 18 cupcakes

2 large eggs
                      3 tablespoons vegetable oil
                      2 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 cup hot water
                      1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
                      1½ cups sugar
                      1½ cups all-purpose flour
                      ¾ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder plus more for dusting
                      1½ teaspoons baking soda
                      ¾ teaspoon baking powder
                      ½ teaspoon salt
                      ½ cup 2 percent plain Greek yogurt
                      ¾ cup heavy cream

1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners (fill any empty cups in the pan halfway with water to help distribute heat evenly). Set aside.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, espresso and vanilla extract. Whisk in sugar. In another large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually stir dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in Greek yogurt until just combined.

3. Divide batter evenly among liners. Bake until tops spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Remove from oven. Leave cupcakes in pan 10 to 20 minutes, then remove them and set on wire racks to cool completely.

4. Just before serving, whip cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon a small dollop of whipped cream onto each cupcake and dust with cocoa powder.

3g protein, 27g carb, 7g fat, 3g sat fat, 1g fiber
                      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 09-08-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Those cupcakes look good.

I am craving an alcoholic drink, something tall, cold and sweet tart but not over strong. Unfortunately I really don't do much more in the way of drinking than a glass of red wine of an evening [mainly on the orders of my cardiologist]

I just finished making a double batch of garlic and herb cream cheese spread, and a batch of honey butter. What I am currently snacking on is a couple of rice cakes spread with drained cherry greek yoghurt [so it is about the spreadability of cream cheese] - about a heaping tablespoon of yoghurt per rice cake.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

TastyKake Chocolate Bells
                          Lay your hands upon me
                          Like an angel from above
                          Put your arms around me,
                          'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Indian food. Specifically, chicken tikka masala.

Comment

Quoth celticgrl View Post
                              TastyKake Chocolate Bells
                              This is how bad I am....I read that as "TastyKake Chocolate BALLS" at first...

*fistshakes* CURSE YOU FRIENDS OF BOYFRIEND!

As for cakes, a friend of mine is in training to become a personal trainer. It's become tradition that for each new batch of recruits (a school almuni of mine is one), they give them a name. Her groups name is the "wolf Pack." For her birthday, they made her a carob protein cake in the shape of a "free weight" with 22kg written on it.

As for food cravings, I am currently craving chocolate. And regretting the entire pack of Oreos I ate today...
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                                This is how bad I am....I read that as "TastyKake Chocolate BALLS" at first...
                                Don't feel bad the first time I saw them in the grocery store I did a double take thinking it said the same thing
                                Lay your hands upon me
                                Like an angel from above
                                Put your arms around me,
                                'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Working...
                                X