• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discounts and Fear

SC: Obvious
    Me: Growing increasingly terrified as the 17th approaches
    Jo: Co-worker who is my boss but is not my boss

I want this unbelievable discount pricematch from another store in another city
    This one happened to Jo. He's starting to get THEM too. Poor boy.

SC: Yeah, BB Games in *town 8 hours away* is offering 50% on GTA V if you preorder with THEM.

Jo: Really now.

SC: You should do the same.

Jo: Uhuh. *text SideBoss about it. Sideboss texts THE OWNER of that BB Games. sends reply to Jo* According to *Owner of BB Games*, that's bullshit.

SC: *slinks away*

BB Games again??

Usually the fashion is to get us to pricematch with The Beginning or Futuristic Store...

SCs: Yeah, we would like the price on a PS3

Me: Which one? There are several models, The 2 I usually keep are the basic fat 160 G or the 500g Slim model which is actually roughly the same price.

SCs: Several models?

Me: Oh yeah, when it came out it had 20g, 60g, 80g, then the 160g, then there's some at 320g and 500g, usually these are slim types, smaller, but cheaper.

SCs: We thought it'd be easier to shop one... What's the price of the ones you can get?

Me: 170$ and 200$

SCs: What? Excuse us? We saw one on BB Games online for 139$! Give us one at that price!

Me: I can't. This is the lowest possible price we can make on these. We make roughly a dime of profit.

SCs: You can't do like BB Games??

Me: We're NOT BB Games. It's possible they're making a sale on really old PS3s to clear space for the PS4. They may be pre-owned, even. We don't have pre-owned merch.

SCs: We'll check it out and come back! *flounce*

Me: *goes to BB Games CA*.... well waddya know. The cheapest PS3 is 149$, not 139$, and it's a pre-owned refurbished one. What a surprise.

Preorders

On the PS4:

SC: So if I pay it all right away and it goes down in price by the time it comes out, I get reimbursed right?

Me: It will not go down in price. The launch price is set.

On GTA V:

And here we are, the part I DREAD.

I'm glad the supplier confirmed the order of 48 copies (various consoles) of NHL 14 for the 10th on time. What I'm afraid of is that we may only get a trickle of the order of 100 GTA V. They pulled that trick on us with New Super Mario Bros Wii and with Far Cry 3, because we basically live in the boonies.

We have preorders up the wazoo since June LAST YEAR.

I am genuinely, no kidding, no exageration, TERRIFIED, and I don't even work on launch days! (Tuesdays)

If we don't have enough I'm gonna get all the abuse and it's gonna be a hella long week...

*NEW* You're wasting precious nanoseconds here, vagina!

Please read everything SC says like there was no space between the words.

SC: Your xboxes, I want, prices, prices your xboxes nevermind *turns to one of my male regulars* Do you work here?

Regular: um, no! *points to grocery store uniform*

SC: *turns back to me* Your xboxes the price, pricing, what do you recommend?

Me: I...

SC: your prices, can you, prices, pricing?

Me: The prices are behind the boxes of the xboxes I have over there.

SC: PRICES pricing price, can you?

Me: (...what the f@ck is wrong with you?) I can't make any special pri...

SC: fuggedit I'll go by my xbox elsewhere dunno whatcha talkin' bout *drags girlfriend with him*

Me: That's right, go f@ck yourself. Don't wanna be helped, don't wanna help you.

Now that last part the guy was already long out of the store, but the friend he was with I KNOW heard me and my regular heard me. I was actually hoping the friend told on me for the tweaker to come back, but no.

It was very obvious he wanted to talk to a GUY since he dismissed me right away for the closest penis available, tho I have no explanation for the complete grammatical breakdown.
    Last edited by Shironu-Akaineko; 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM. Reason: rude tweaker
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

On that last guy, meth is one hell of a drug, itinnit? Yeesh.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ugh, I hate guys who think that women don't know anything. Had an SC like that in the petrol station. He'd accidentally put the wrong fuel in his car. I told him not to start the car as it makes the fuel circulate thruout the car and increase the risk of expensive damage, and that if he just gets the tank cleaned, his car will be unharmed. He ignored me and spoke to my male collegue, who said, "What she said." XD SC then insisted on ringing the AA who told him exactly what I just said. Burn.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        On that last guy, meth is one hell of a drug, itinnit? Yeesh.
        Ditto. Kind of have to feel bad for him. From his point of view imagine what the one sentence the OP actually got out must have sounded like...

Thhhheeeeee prrrriiiiiiiiccccccceeeeeees arrrrrrrreeeee beeeeeehhhhiiiiiiiinnnnnnnndddddddddd.....
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand it's now the weekend aaaaaaand I'm out of X360 copies of GTA V.

Oh we gonna have so much FUN.

Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            He'd accidentally put the wrong fuel in his car. I told him not to start the car as it makes the fuel circulate thruout the car and increase the risk of expensive damage, and that if he just gets the tank cleaned, his car will be unharmed.
            Did he put gas in a diesel car, or diesel in a gas-powered car? BTW, starting the car won't increase the risk of expensive damage - it will GUARANTEE expensive damage.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I used to work for "BB Games" if its the company I'm thinking of.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
              X