X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last weeks customers

Customer One:

I noticed that a customer needed help at one of the pay machines located at one of the exit gates at a garage that I am responsible for cleaning. As I was walking up to her car, a car drives up to me, and the driver asks me if I have enough change for a $100 dollar bill. He tells me that all he has are five one dollar bills and a hundred dollar bill.

Parking 101: No pay machine located at a parking lot or inside a parking garage has change for a $100 bill.

I tell him that he has to insert his ticket into the pay machine for it to determine how much his parking fee is. I motion him to pull up to the pay machine on the left hand side since the other customer is at the pay machine on the right hand side. I insert the ticket into the pay machine. His total parking fee is $10.00. I let him know that he needs to give me $10.00 either in change or he can write a check. He tells "all I have are five ones and a $100 bill." I let him know that the only other option is for me to give him an IOU, and that he has to mail in a check. He tells me that he does not have checks. So I tell him that he has to give me $10.00 and that no parking garage has change for a $100 bill. He hands me the five one dollar bills, and he asks the passenger in the back seat for change. While he is counting out change, the driver behind the car at pay machine on the right says "Can you have the customer you are dealing with back up so I can exit. I am somewhere to go." I tell her "I am currently helping the customer, he is giving me his change, and I will be done shortly with him." She looks at me all surprised. Since this is the first time I have dealt with a customer who has asked me this, I asked my direct supervisor what I should do if another customer acts like this. She told me that we do not want to make the customer we are currently helping move unless there is a very long line of traffic. If there is not a very long line of traffic, we need to let the other customer know that we are assisting the customer and that we will get to them as soon as we can.

Second customer:

She interrupted me while I was talking to the main office on the work cell phone I have to carry with me while I am at work. I was helping a customer at another exit gate at the same parking garage. I just pointed her in the direction where she needed to go. Then she walked up to the car at the exit gate and said something. I did not know who she was speaking to, and so I held up the work cell phone and I said "I am on the phone with the main office for the customer." She rudely said "I am talking to the guy in the car", and she walked off.

Third customer:

I get a call to help a customer at the same pay machine at the exit gate *above*. So I go to help the customer. I walk up to the pay machine. Here is what happened.

Customer tells me 1) he paid the $2.00 that he owed, 2) the pay machine took his money, but the gate did not go up, 3) he will not pay another $2.00, 4) I need to call the office and tell them what he did, 5) I need to raise the exit gate if they cannot help me, 6) the pay machine does not work and 7) he has had the same problem before with the same pay machine.

I call the main office to explain to them what happened. I am told that I need his receipt before the exit gate can be raised. So I tell him that. He is pissed and he says that he did not receive a receipt.

He then tells me that he is currently looking at his banking account online and that his bank already took out the $2.00. So I tell the person at the main office whom I am speaking to what he told me. She tells me that the computer in the office does not indicate that. I ask her if she wants to speak to the customer, and she says yes.

She speaks to the customer, but he keeps on interrupting her. He tells her that his bank already took out the $2.00 from his online account. He hands me back the cell phone, and she asks me for some information on the ticket that he pulled to enter the garage, and she tells me that she tried to explain what information she needed to the customer while she was talking to him. While I was giving her the information, he interrupts me and says "I paid the $2.00. I am looking online at my account, and I can see that. I want you to look at my online account." I let him know that I am on the phone speaking with the main office. He gets pissed and says "I have somewhere to go to. I have been waiting 15 minutes to get out of the garage. I need to exit." So I have to give the same information to the main office again. The exit gate goes up, and he says "you should have been asked for *x information* at the beginning. This is retarded."

He leaves.

I love these idiots with their 'I have somewhere to go' - No shit Sherlock, I would assume that anyone who's actually driving a car is going somewhere...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X