This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlander Fans???

I have been a fan of this book series since I got chicken pox back in 02 (for the third time ) My next door neighbor brought me over the first book because of the fact she new I didn't own a TV and was trying to help me beat boredom and not scratch my self silly from the itch.

I see now Starz has bought the rights to it and will being making it into a series. So far I think the cast looks pretty good and cant wait to see if Ronald D. Moore does it justice.

For those familiar with the characters Sam Heughan has been cast Jamie Fraser, Tobias Menzies from GoT is going to be playing the duel role of Frank Randall/ Black Jack Randall. Just added to the cast Graham McTavish and Gary Lewis as Colum and Dougal Mackenzie. No word yet on who will play Claire that in my opinion could make or break the show/
    Lay your hands upon me
    Like an angel from above
    Put your arms around me,
    'Cause you're fallin'

I loved the first book! The second was OK, as long as the plot was ignoring Brianna. I fsking *hate* Brianna. I can't really articulate why (yes I can, but I don't want to threadjack)
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
      I loved the first book! The second was OK, as long as the plot was ignoring Brianna. I fsking *hate* Brianna. I can't really articulate why (yes I can, but I don't want to threadjack)
      Please elaborate since you are speaking on my terms I can't stand the character. She gets on every last nerve I have.
      Lay your hands upon me
      Like an angel from above
      Put your arms around me,
      'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

My Mom is a big Outlander fan. She's always been looking for a good Jamie Fraser, and she's happy with the casting. We'll be getting Starz SOLELY so Mom can see the series.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I will be adding Starz for that reason also I just hope it doesn't disappoint. Outlander fans on twitter have a Clairewatch2013 tag going around since nobody has been announced as Claire yet.
          Lay your hands upon me
          Like an angel from above
          Put your arms around me,
          'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Quoth celticgrl View Post
            Please elaborate since you are speaking on my terms I can't stand the character. She gets on every last nerve I have.
            Ok, it's been a while (a year +) since I read the books, so I'll go with the bits I can remember:
            (Whited out for spoilers and rage)

1) All of her interactions with Roger. It just feels like she's using him, can't really articulate why.

2) The time she goes back in time, and has the gall to be angry at Roger for coming back at her.

3) The fact that she (indirectly) puts Roger through hell with the Mowhawk by NOT FSKING TELLING HER FATHER WHO RAPED HER and seemed pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

4) The fact that she goes and makes all this technical crap with no help, and just screams Mary Sue.

5) Many, many more that I can't type up because talking about her makes me so full of rage that my words become hfgakjfdhkjfnbvuaerfhgbiuerhvkj vhufa;bgjn and that sucks.

Comment

Yes a thousand times yes especially 3 and 4

If she loves him sooooo much why the hell would she not open that big mouth of hers she likes to run and say something. Her little maid also just GRRRR
              Last edited by celticgrl; 09-10-2013, 07:08 AM. Reason: removed quote
              Lay your hands upon me
              Like an angel from above
              Put your arms around me,
              'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Her maid was the one who married the twins, right?

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                  Her maid was the one who married the twins, right?
                  Yeah that was in EOB I think. Baring Mary Sue I love the books up until DOA and FC was so so but the last two were rather meh so I really dont have much hope for Written in My Own Hearts Blood which comes out in March.
                  Lay your hands upon me
                  Like an angel from above
                  Put your arms around me,
                  'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Working...
                  X