• Show
Clear All

• I'm confused?????

a short one tonight.

cast of characters
    Me - GOD I NEED a break
    CC - confused customer

The phone rings and I answer:
    me - <standard pizza place slave greeting> blah specials blah carryout or delivery?
    CC - Delivery
    me - May I have your phone number please?
    CC - 123=456=7890
    me - <new record customer so I ask> May I have your address please?
    CC - 233 Wood St. < I know this building and some of the tenants and am hoping that this is not Mr. Crankypants>
    me - Is that a private home or an apartment?
    CC - Apartment
    me - And what is the apt number??
    CC - <silence>
    me - May I have the apt. number please?
    CC - I am confused about what you are wanting.
    me - I need the apt number you are in.
    CC - I am still confused about what you want.
    me - I need the apt number you are in.
    CC - B <AHHHH SHIT it is Mr Crankypants no tipper he must not have ordered for a while or got a new phone number.>
    me - Thank you. and what door do we use: the front the side or the garage door on Doug St.??
    CC - I am in apt B.
    me - Yes but what door do we need to go to???
    CC - I will be outside waiting. <I know this will be the left side door>

I take his order and unfortuneately get the delivery and it is exactly who I thought it would be.

WHY could you NOT just give me the information I need without being "confused"?????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

He could have. It's just that he's likely figured out that every delivery place in town has him on their shitlist. For those who have never worked in food delivery, yes, we do have shitlists. ^_^ We just can't write them down...But, we can remember...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      He could have. It's just that he's likely figured out that every delivery place in town has him on their shitlist. For those who have never worked in food delivery, yes, we do have shitlists. ^_^ We just can't write them down...But, we can remember...
      Okay now I'm scared! What happens if a customer on the shitlist orders? I tip good btw

Comment

Personally I used to make sure that I went out of my way to get your pizza to you in the slowest time possible.

I've had to rebuild my reputation with my pizza place, since I've been having it delivered to work on campus and they keep getting lost.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
        X