This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-Entitled Customers

Two customers are ticking me off already this morning. One knows more about our processes than she should, and the other thinks she knows how our processes should run but doesn't.

The first customer called to ask that her deposit from Friday afternoon be memo-posted so that she doesn't show as overdrawn from the other items that have cleared today. That means she wants to be able to make purchases with her debit card, but can't because of the negative balance showing. I went ahead and memo posted it for her, because if I didn't, she'd go to my boss who would do it anyway.

The second customer called to ask why a check hasn't cleared her account, that she was assured would clear today. Ok, it hasn't yet. So she wants to know why it hasn't. How am I supposed to know? What does it matter anyway? She doesn't want her account to go under $100 and get fees. And if it does, she wants the fees reversed because she "can't babysit it." I ask if she keeps track of the balance. "Yes, but I haven't had a chance to check it today." So she'd rather sit there in front of her computer with internet banking up than look at her checkbook register to see where she's at. Then she says her husband's paycheck will be deposited tomorrow, so they'll be fine, but she's still worried her balance will dip below $100 before then. And, by the way, her husband's paycheck should be available at 12:01 am, even though there's no employees in the bank to process the electronic file and post the deposit to the account. No, it's not automatic, but she thinks it should be. Even though we're a small bank with no 24-hour employees. I said that upper management isn't going to change their procedures for me, or for one customer, and of course she threatened to change banks. I'd actually rather she did, but I just said there's nothing I can do. Duh.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

In response to the second customer;

That is exactly why I have direct deposit. I was sick of having to get to a bank, then wait for the check to clear, etc. etc. Direct deposit is awesome.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

The second customer does have direct deposit. The thing is, direct deposit doesn't come in at 12:01 am. It comes in when the employee arrives in the morning and downloads the file. Manually. That's the part she was complaining about. She thought it should be all automated, so the deposit would show on her internet banking at 12:01 am. Never mind that we're not open until 8:00, so she wouldn't be able to withdraw the funds until then, anyway.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Hm. That's strange, my direct deposit goes in immediatl--

OH! I suppose this is different for different banks then huh? The employee downloading the file is an employee at the bank then.

Then now I fully understand.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
        X