This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is one way to do it

I work at a game store in a mall. A security guard from the mall related this story to me.

There is this (for the lack of a better word) bum in the mall today with really bad drug scabs all over his face. Security had to ask him to leave the mall washroom after he spent approx 1 hr in there picking at the scabs and leaving blood all over the place. They later had to kick him out because he was standing in line at the mall mcdonalds picking his scabs, weaving all over the place, and refusing to order. The final time came when they found him locked in the Mall starbuck's washroom for over an hour. When they finally opened the door to the loo, the guy was covered in blood, had trash all over the place in there, and was refusing to leave. This is when the security guard came up with a way to get him to leave. The guard looked to the side and yelled to his buddy "this stuff out there, who is that taking off with it?" The bum was all "yo thats my stuff" and ran out to get his stuff. The guard locked the loo behind him and the bum got all mad at him.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Is there no where for him to go? No homeless shelters or anything?

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
      Is there no where for him to go? No homeless shelters or anything?
      I don't know about everywhere, but the shelters around me won't let you in if you're obviously drunk or high, nor will they let you bring in booze or drugs. Most of the hard-core addicts here refuse to go to a shelter.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Back at the mall I worked at there was a homeless guy who slept there - he was friends with someone in security. He had schizophrenia but was also really smart - he could speak fluent Hindi with the guys who ran a shop in the mall.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          I don't know about everywhere, but the shelters around me won't let you in if you're obviously drunk or high, nor will they let you bring in booze or drugs. Most of the hard-core addicts here refuse to go to a shelter.
          Pretty much. You have to be clean, sober and willing to abide by their rules (not to mention a curfew!!). Im guessing this guy wasnt ready for commitment.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            Pretty much. You have to be clean, sober and willing to abide by their rules (not to mention a curfew!!). Im guessing this guy wasnt ready for commitment.
            And you also have those who have been kicked out of shelters for failure to abide by their rules and regs and cannot get a spot anywhere. So they go wherever they can get a place to sleep, whether it be in an abandoned building, under an overpass or wherever.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth eternalparttimer View Post
              Back at the mall I worked at there was a homeless guy who slept there - he was friends with someone in security. He had schizophrenia but was also really smart - he could speak fluent Hindi with the guys who ran a shop in the mall.
              Schizophrenia does not equal low IQ.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                Schizophrenia does not equal low IQ.
                I never said it did. In fact this guy seemed to be a genius - I heard from other employees he knew advanced physics.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                  You'd think a hardcore druggie would know everything about commitment!
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                  X