Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget Bridezilla, I present Momzilla.

A lady called and asked if she could book our entire hotel for her daughter's wedding. We told her that with the exception of 3 already reserved rooms, she could book the rest.

She calls me to confirm how many rooms she had booked. I told her which ones and reminded her that we were now officially booked up.

SC: You have 24 rooms right?

Me: Yes

SC: I only have 21 rooms here which means three are left over

Me: No those rooms had been rented out prior to our agreement as we told you when you called.

SC: Unacceptable! I need the entire hotel, I told you that.

We go round and round as I explain the same thing to her over and over.

SC: Cancel their reservations then!

Me: I cannot do that.

SC: Then give me their phone numbers and I will call them and explain.

Me: It is against the rules to give out other guests information

SC: You gave out my guests information

Me: No I did not

SC: When I asked for a list of which rooms each guest got, you gave it to me

Me: Because the rooms are reserved with your credit card, they are your reservations. I am allowed to give you that info.

SC: Fine! I guess I'll have to call the other hotels and hope they have spare rooms. This is very inconvenient!

Not as inconvenient as this dotty woman calling random strangers and demanding they give up their rooms.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

you should have asked her to hold while you called them, waited half an hour, and then told her that 2 of them required she pay them $500 per person to release the rooms which would total $2000 there, and the 3rd requires $1000 per person for $3000 so the total to release all 3 rooms would be $5000.000.
    If she was willing to pay it, in full, in advance, I would then call them and ask if they would accept that... lol.

Comment

I'm really wondering how far in advance she was trying to do this -- If it weren't for the fact that only 3 rooms were already reserved, I would have guessed "two weeks" at the most
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        you should have asked her to hold while you called them, waited half an hour, and then told her that 2 of them required she pay them $500 per person to release the rooms which would total $2000 there, and the 3rd requires $1000 per person for $3000 so the total to release all 3 rooms would be $5000.000.
        If she was willing to pay it, in full, in advance, I would then call them and ask if they would accept that... lol.
        It's also snarky when you throw a customer's words back in their face. You could say, "...and the $5000 needs to be paid in cash. Any other method is ... Unacceptable!"

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          "...and the $5000 needs to be paid in cash. Any other method is ... Unacceptable!"
          Read that line in Lemongrab's voice.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Anybody want to start a pool on how long it takes before she calls TruthHurts' place back and tries to do the same thing again ... because she can't find another hotel with zero unoccupied rooms anywhere else?

Comment

Something tells me that:

A) The guests in the three rooms at the other hotel will be happy to get away from Ms. Control Freak.

b) The unfortunate guests in the three rooms not associated with the wedding are going to be calling and complaining the entire stay due to the obnoxious, loud wedding guests in the hallways.

When I worked for a hotel, I really hated weddings.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Well I presumed she found her rooms as I did not hear from her again. We only had one incident involving a drunk wedding guest.

The guy could not locate his wife so decided to start pounding on random doors trying to find out who "she was off ****ing". That is a direct quote by the way. Manager had to threaten to call the cops before he stumbled back to his room to pass out.
                My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Working...
                X