Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MtG: The Most amazing Match I have played!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MtG: The Most amazing Match I have played!

So I was playing Magic the Gathering's online version on Steam. (Magic 2014) My friend was playing DeadWalkers (All Black, Zombie Deck) and I was playing Guardians of Light (All White). Early in the game my friend started to turn all of my creatures into zombies and added them to his side of the field. This includes many good cards. However, Guardians of Light has an Aura called Celestial Mantle. This card gives the target creature +3/+3, as well the owner of the target creature gets their Life doubled every time the enchanted creature attacks. I eventually lost because I just ran out of cards. This is a screen shot of the last round. I am both amazed and confused about how this happened. He has 128 creatures on his side of the field and, as you can see, I have 1798 Life. It was epic.

I swear this hasn't been altered or anything. This is just how our game ended.

Anyone else have anything amazing MtG stories? Either the video game, or actually playing the trading card game in real life.
    Last edited by hinakiba777; 09-13-2013, 06:35 AM.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Dang. Doubled? That is one reason I don't play much anymore...the game has gotten too broken. Sounds like an epic game, though. I don't think I've ever played a game where someone was decked before.

Comment

Kane built a deck using Doubling Season that gained that much life and tokens in a game.

And I routinely deck others in games I play. Yay Dimir mill
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'm an old school Magic player (started playing in my freshman year of college in 1995...ye gods, I'm old ).

Back in the day, in what was also a mono-white vs. mono-black game, I had out a Breeding Pit which made a 0/1 thrull token each turn. Which I used to block my friend's Serra Avatar each turn. The avatar has power/toughness = to it's controller's life. And the avatar had Spirit Link which gave him life = damage dealt by the creature.

So, he was doubling up his life each turn.

I finally conceded when he broke 1,000,000 life as I had no answer to the avatar in my few remaining cards and I had 1 less card in my library than he did. I will note that he had no answer to my Breeding Pit, so he couldn't actually do any damage to me with his 1,000,000+/1,000,000+ creature.

I created a combo deck that generates infinite token creatures and each of those tokens would destroy a target permanent when it came into play, giving me the ability to machine gun everything controlled by every opponent as long as it is targetable. Sadly, it's hard to set up and it really only works once. After that, everyone was gunning for me.

Comment

it's been restructured for speed but my saproling deck has been known to have produced over 300000 saprolings at once and turn that into 32 billion damage.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
          X