This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mofo at the checkout

Today while slaving away on a busy shift, I run into some Grade A mofo at the checkout. He's enough of an asshole that I ripped him one on FB:

Some asshole was so fucking rude to me over such a minor thing. Douchefuck thinks I cut in front of him, and I have to explain to him that I did not see him. To add insult to injury, he asked me if I "was Chinese". Bitch can go fuck himself - he's lucky I didn't shove my foot up his ass — feeling pissed.
    For the rest of the story, I was going around from till to till, collecting the baskets (or else they'll page me several times). I made my way through that till and DID NOT SEE HIM. He bitches at me for not saying "excuse me", and I had to the former to his stupid ass. But he was nasty enough that I actually told that he "don't speak to me like that" and "don't be rude". And then he decided to end it off by saying "Are you Chinese?*" (I'm white - what the fuck, shopper? In front of several Asian shoppers). I threw "Excuse me?!" at him and hoofed it. The last that I had seen him, he'd paid for his stuff and left. I'm surprised he didn't go bitching to the nearest Team Member/desk person.

I should have said more than what I did, but because he's protected under "The Customer is Always Right, Even if They're a Dick" clause, I can't flip him off or go George Carlin/Greg Giraldo on him. In the 5 years that I've been working for Overwaitea, I've never had anyone treat me that badly.

*I live in a part of Vancouver that has a huge Asian population, and our store partially caters to Asian residents.
    "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Cool, another Vancouverite! I do not like shopping at Overwaitea or IGA just because of the large number of EWs and whiny customers.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
      Cool, another Vancouverite! I do not like shopping at Overwaitea or IGA just because of the large number of EWs and whiny customers.
      I don't usually shop at other Overwaitea stores either. I only go in if I need a specific item, otherwise else I go to Superstore. It's not as crowded or busy, and the self scans don't screw up every 5 seconds. Not as many screaming kids either.

I love living in Vancouver. City Centre is my hideaway during my off days.
      Last edited by The Hurting; 09-16-2013, 04:04 AM.
      "Any kind of hereditary privilege is wrong, it's not just anti-democracy, it's just like inherent wrong" - Robert Smith

Comment

For me, I hang out at the place I work because its awesome. I work at a game store.
        "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

For me, I hang out at the place I work because its awesome. I work at a game store.
          Do you work for EB Games?

Comment

Not me, I work at a privately owned board game store.

Comment

Not me, I work at a privately owned board game store.
              Board games? That's neat

Comment

(MOD NOTE - Just a reminder about not asking members where they work. Please take it to PM.
                Also, it's usually a good idea to not use actual names of one's own employer, or actual names of businesses. We take member privacy very seriously. )
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                X